Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 06:15 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,360,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatpants View Post
They're going from one urban area to another, sure. All large cities in the US are "blue."

To be fair though, these companies are moving because of red state vs blue state policies.
You really think these companies that are liberal in culture are going because of blue vs red policies
?

Lmaooooooo. The same companies that would probably have you fired if you mentioned and support red policies in their real estate? Lmfao.

Literally they are leaving because of cost to do business. Not because of policies. I’m not surprised you didn’t mention the actual areas in Texas these companies located to. Scared to mention Austin? Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
No ever one asks why?... I wonder why? lol, Seek to understand.

Tell me if I got this wrong.... ''rich people need to pay their fair share". So when it happens they bit*h about it, even though it's a false narrative.
Speak English please.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:20 AM

82 posts, read 39,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
You really think these companies that are liberal in culture are going because of blue vs red policies
?

Lmaooooooo. The same companies that would probably have you fired if you mentioned and support red policies in their real estate? Lmfao.

Literally they are leaving because of cost to do business. Not because of policies. I’m not surprised you didn’t mention the actual areas in Texas these companies located to. Scared to mention Austin? Lol
Hey numbnuts, why do you think the cost of doing business is higher in California vs Texas or Florida? I never claimed that they're moving to red states because of some sort of better cultural fit.

Why is Tesla moving to Texas and Nevada? Why have finance firms moved their back and mid office operations to places like Florida and Tennessee?

Last edited by sweatpants; 02-16-2021 at 04:32 AM..

Old 02-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 20 days ago)

14,558 posts, read 9,587,526 times
Quote:
Speak English please.
Says the guy from Nu Yark

Old 02-16-2021, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatpants View Post
Hey numbnuts, why do you think the cost of doing business is higher in California vs Texas or Florida? I never claimed that they're moving to red states because of some sort of better cultural fit.

Why is Tesla moving to Texas and Nevada? Why have finance firms moved their back and mid office operations to places like Florida and Tennessee?

You know what supply and demand is right? There was a time when people and businesses were moving to California in droves. when that happens and the overpopulation and environmental issues start to occur than prices start to go up.

Florida is literally a senior citizen home and Texas does not impact the nation the way California does. Nevada? Seriously Nevada? Outside of cheap housing Nevada ranks at the bottom for literally everything. Nevada is literally just an extended suburb of California lol.

California and New York will still keep their glory despite population loss because they control their industries respectively. It’s actually a good thing that many struggling people are leaving Cali and NY because that is less mouths to feed for NY politicians and honestly NYC is too overcrowded anyway. You think I’m really sad because the city will fail to reach 9 million residents? Lol nah. Losing 2 million would be great for the quality of living in NYC.

Old 02-16-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Says the guy from Nu Yark
Yea the same place you went to get your college education. Shall we look up the education attainments of your beloved red states? Lol

Old 02-16-2021, 06:16 AM

1,034 posts, read 441,354 times
Quote:
You know what supply and demand is right? There was a time when people and businesses were moving to California in droves. when that happens and the overpopulation and environmental issues start to occur than prices start to go up.

Florida is literally a senior citizen home and Texas does not impact the nation the way California does. Nevada? Seriously Nevada? Outside of cheap housing Nevada ranks at the bottom for literally everything. Nevada is literally just an extended suburb of California lol.

California and New York will still keep their glory despite population loss because they control their industries respectively. It’s actually a good thing that many struggling people are leaving Cali and NY because that is less mouths to feed for NY politicians and honestly NYC is too overcrowded anyway. You think I’m really sad because the city will fail to reach 9 million residents? Lol nah. Losing 2 million would be great for the quality of living in NYC.
Who do you think is moving out of NYC currently? It's people with means. Do you really think it's poor NYCers buying over p iced homes in the burbs? Poor people aren't moving out of the city. They can't afford to.

Losing residents isn't inherently bad but if you lose tax paying residents and all of the welfare recipients stay then the city will have major issues.

Old 02-16-2021, 06:57 AM

18,875 posts, read 13,756,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Who do you think is moving out of NYC currently? It's people with means. Do you really think it's poor NYCers buying over p iced homes in the burbs? Poor people aren't moving out of the city. They can't afford to.

Losing residents isn't inherently bad but if you lose tax paying residents and all of the welfare recipients stay then the city will have major issues.
They don't care. Leftists truly believe their nonsense. Nothing will change until the city gets far, far worse than it is now.

BTW: with a good agent and a willingness to put in the work, you can snatch a house in the suburbs without overbidding.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Last edited by Airborneguy; 02-16-2021 at 07:23 AM..

Old 02-16-2021, 07:15 AM

18,875 posts, read 13,756,433 times
I'm a moderator to enforce the ToS, such as discussing moderation in the open forums.

I'm not a moderator to enforce ideologically-determined discussion parameters, on myself, or others.

If everyone agrees, we can start moderating the NYC forum exactly how most of the local forums are handled.

Just let us know.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-16-2021, 07:23 AM

2,889 posts, read 1,816,466 times
I have relatives near Cookeville/Crossville TN.

They said the amount of out of state license plates moving into the area is higher than they've ever seen by a factor of 10.

The 4 most common plates they see are NY, MI, IL, CA. all blue states destroyed by their own government and the people moving into TN are almost 95% very red. Many of the vehicles have trump stickers, American flags etc.

The point is there really is 2 movements under way. There is a real and genuine political migration where people are seeking out others who share their beliefs and are "self sorting".

And,
Not mutually exclusive is an urban exodus. Not necessarily a political migration. An example would be better off remote workers no longer needed to live in a big city for work. They may stay in the same area or region just moving away from the collapsing unstable urban core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City