Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2020, 08:38 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
...and how to hate yourself for being white.

The high school graduation rate for NY schools is below the national average. The highest high school graduation rates belong to conservative states.
No way does Florida have superior education. What dream world do you live in.
No one hates themselves for being white. Did you dream that one up too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 08:48 AM

19,029 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Every single person I know who's moved their kids from here to Florida raves about the schools. That's a lot of people considering how many I know who have flown.

We don't even have schools, we have a teachers union run gulag.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-06-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Every single person I know who's moved their kids from here to Florida raves about the schools. That's a lot of people considering how many I know who have flown.

We don't even have schools, we have a teachers union run gulag.
If you want your children to grow up and go in to law enforcement it is fine. I understand your sample set.

Old 09-06-2020, 09:52 AM

275 posts, read 213,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Since when the hell is NJ a "red" state and since when--and how--is NY in any way paying for NJ?????

Certain states pay more into the fed than they receive. NY is No. 1. NJ is No. 2.
That's utter bull-****. A person living in Texas and in New York with comparable taxable income are taxed in their 1040 at the same bracket regardless of jurisdiction. Federal spending's key component is population and it relates to spending on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Food Stamps, and then you have works and projects. For instance, NY and TX have ten federal employees of which five are retired on each State; then Federal spending in form of social programs and salaries goes to these individuals on each State. But if NYS mismanagement makes it impossible for its five Federal retired employees to afford to live in NY and they move to TX....guess what's going to happen? You guessed it. Tax disbursements for those employees will move to TX as well, thus making the balance in favor of Texas. If the Dept of Defense decides next year to move Fort Drum out of New York to Pennsylvania because is cheaper to run that facility there....guess what's going to happen? At the end, a Federal Agency, although using a different set of Accounting treatment (Govn't and non-for profit); still has to watch its P&L and render fiduciary responsibilities to the tax payers. You can't blame the Federal Government for the inefficiencies of the State and Local authorities.

That aside, what drives people out of Blue States is not just your Federal Income Tax cost. It is the high State Income Tax and the myriad of non-income taxes (Property Tax, Gas Tax, Gross Receipts tax, Payroll Taxes, Commercial Rent Tax, Mandated Unemployment Insurance, Sales & Use Tax, Exit Tax, District Taxes, Statutory Disability, Worker's Comp, Educational District Taxes, and list goes on and on) all of which the Federal Government has no freaking say on it. So again, all of these taxes on top of the not mentioned above excise taxes baked in the cost of the goods and services you purchase, makes people unable to afford to live in Blue States. But, New York, California, New Jersey, and other Blue States have build this narrative where they are the victims from the Federal Government while shafting it to every single citizen with its excise and non income taxes up to their butt.

Last but not least, all of the Federal Reserve's bloated balance sheet stems from bail outs in 2008 and 2020 to Corporations and Financial Institutions that were too big fail.........most of which are headquartered where? You guess it again........not to mentioned the funds used for the bail outs were from tax payers from red states as well, so when you net it all out, Blue States are outrageously mismanaged.

Last edited by EdGuitar; 09-06-2020 at 10:01 AM..

Old 09-06-2020, 10:59 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,008 times
Quote:
Florida has a higher high school graduation rate (86%) than NY does (74%). What metrics are you using to claim NY education superiority?

And NY schools chancellor Carranza has outspokenly stated that all white people are guilty of "implicit bias," whether they realize it or not, and that he’s combating a “white supremacy culture." He is promoting a race-based academic agenda based on those positions, and classroom curricula reflect this.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:42 AM

19,029 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
If you want your children to grow up and go in to law enforcement it is fine. I understand your sample set.
No one is going into law enforcement from any law enforcement family anymore.

That said, I'm 41, retired for over a month, am sitting on the beach right now (as I have all summer), and you'll be paying me just shy of 6 figures for the rest of my life

My timing was impeccable.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-06-2020, 12:33 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,008 times
Quote:

That said, I'm 41, retired for over a month, am sitting on the beach right now (as I have all summer), and you'll be paying me just shy of 6 figures for the rest of my life

I'm happy for you and jealous of you. You earned it -- enjoy!

Old 09-06-2020, 12:55 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:

Is 41 the youngest somebody in the PBA can retire?

Old 09-06-2020, 01:05 PM

1,416 posts, read 722,778 times
Quote:
NYC has awful schools, some of the worse in the nation.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Florida has a higher high school graduation rate (86%) than NY does (74%). What metrics are you using to claim NY education superiority?

And NY schools chancellor Carranza has outspokenly stated that all white people are guilty of "implicit bias," whether they realize it or not, and that he’s combating a “white supremacy culture." He is promoting a race-based academic agenda based on those positions, and classroom curricula reflect this.
This is the latest figures
https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...rates-by-state

Another correction Carranza is the NYC schools chancellor, not NY state.

Here is a chart that describes graduation rate by cohort. Obviously, homeless and foster care have much lower graduation rates.
https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?year=2019&state=yes

Please try to be more accurate in your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City