Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 08:34 AM

5,823 posts, read 2,943,117 times

Advertisements

They are preparing for vaccine release November 1 I hear.

Wonder if they will mandate its use. Especially in schools. In which case, prepare for civil war at this point.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:40 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
They can mandate it all they want. Tens of millions still won't take it. A mandate is useless without the means to enforce the mandate. Note, I'll be taking it (not much of a choice due to work), but I am concerned about the rushed nature of the vaccine. But as long as it's safe--effectiveness aside for a moment--my concerns will be no more.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:49 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
They are preparing for vaccine release November 1 I hear.

Wonder if they will mandate its use. Especially in schools. In which case, prepare for civil war at this point.
What could be done is they say a child can't go to school without the vaccine but it depends on when they would mandate it

Currently:

New York State

https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention...hool_vaccines/

"All kids going to public, private and religious schools, pre-K and day care,
must get all required vaccinations unless they have a valid medical exemption”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhiVmin8uzY

Nonmedical exemptions to school vaccination requirements have ended for children attending day care and pre-K through 12th grade in New York State. Children with nonmedical exemptions must now be vaccinated to attend or remain in school. Find out about important vaccination deadlines.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:54 AM

5,823 posts, read 2,943,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
What could be done is they say a child can't go to school without the vaccine but it depends on when they would mandate it

Currently:

New York State

https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention...hool_vaccines/

"All kids going to public, private and religious schools, pre-K and day care,
must get all required vaccinations unless they have a valid medical exemption”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhiVmin8uzY

Nonmedical exemptions to school vaccination requirements have ended for children attending day care and pre-K through 12th grade in New York State. Children with nonmedical exemptions must now be vaccinated to attend or remain in school. Find out about important vaccination deadlines.

There will always be a doctor or a clinic who will take care of the paper work.
Not all people are sheep in this country.
I have zero plans for getting a vaccine but I will fight to death when it cleans to my kids.

Google gates foundation and their polio vaccine and what it does to kids.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:57 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
They can mandate it all they want. Tens of millions still won't take it. A mandate is useless without the means to enforce the mandate. Note, I'll be taking it (not much of a choice due to work), but I am concerned about the rushed nature of the vaccine. But as long as it's safe--effectiveness aside for a moment--my concerns will be no more.

If there are vary rare or very delayed negative effects of the vaccine, there is really no way to find them even in a usual two-year long vaccine trial. Effectiveness (or lack of it) can be demonstrated after the first 150 to 175 covid infections in trial participants (there should be significantly more infections in people who received the saline placebo, than in those who received the vaccine). I think there will be enough data about that by late October. That is good enough for me (a recently retired former medical professional). I'll take the vaccine as soon as I can, and re-start doing all the same things I did pre-covid in NYC a week after the booster dose :-). I do intend to continue wearing a mask on public transportation or in crowded public places permanently (it doesn't bother me, I wore it for more than half of my life in my profession anyway, it feels like a part of my face, like eyeglasses, and I have no clue why anyone would have any problems wearing it).

Old 09-05-2020, 09:45 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Eat healthy, wash your hands, and wear your mask, and you'll get through this winter

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-05-2020, 09:56 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
And take the flu shot.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:11 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Im weary of the vaccine personally. I feel like if I take it I will get sick. Ive been fine thankfully so far. I knew 2 people who got sick from flu shots in the past and thats what im worried about.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:11 AM

644 posts, read 307,308 times
Geez. So much panic. "Prepare for civil war". Prepare to learn some critical thought first, maybe? No one is going to mandate that children be vaccinated when the vaccine has not been tested in children. Vaccination for kids, if it will even be needed, is probably another year away. They may require the vaccine for teachers, though. That will be a mess. The teachers in NYC are claiming they're terrified of coronavirus (despite all the statistics and observations showing we're not heading for disaster), but offer them a vaccine and they'll start screaming even louder that no, no way, they'd rather take their chances with the virus thank you very much.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:39 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
There will always be a doctor or a clinic who will take care of the paper work.
so you've been paying off doctors to say they gave your kids vaccine when the actually haven't ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: