Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 02:18 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times

Advertisements

"Joe Germanotta, who owns of Joanne Trattoria in Manhattan and is pop superstar Lady Gaga's dad, is one of them, telling Pix11: 'When it rains we gotta close. Once it starts getting cold, the place will be empty.' He later told Fox News: 'Once the weather gets cold we are pretty much out of business.' "

And I say Good for them!! Sue the pants out of DeBlasio and Cuomo for having put into place destructive policies!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-dining.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 03:28 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,391,212 times
Absolutely! All small business owners who have their stores restricted should rise up!

Old 09-06-2020, 03:29 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Good! Especially since your covid numbers are around 1%. you need to reopen New York!

Old 09-06-2020, 05:04 PM

5,679 posts, read 2,610,110 times
Yippee! It's about time.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:52 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Response: and I'm of the opinion it won't happen until after the elections...............Politics ...politics.....

Old 09-07-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: and I'm of the opinion it won't happen until after the elections...............Politics ...politics.....
I hope not. Personally I’m getting very bored of ordering in every Friday. I want to dine out knowing no insect is going to fly into my food.

Old 09-07-2020, 01:44 PM

6,443 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I hope not. Personally I’m getting very bored of ordering in every Friday. I want to dine out knowing no insect is going to fly into my food.
I agree!

I'm in the Rochester area, which is in the "snow belt". The cold weather will be here soon, so outdoor dining will be over for the season. Yes, we can dine inside, sort of, as the restaurants here are allowed to operate at 40-50%, but since some of my favorite venues are rather small, how long can a restaurant that normally fills 15 tables, and turns them over 4 times an evening, work with only 6-7 tables, and remain in business?

Furthermore, given the fact that the protesters' latest tactic is to disrupt outdoor diners, how are the businesses going to continue, no matter where they are??

Old 09-07-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree!

I'm in the Rochester area, which is in the "snow belt". The cold weather will be here soon, so outdoor dining will be over for the season. Yes, we can dine inside, sort of, as the restaurants here are allowed to operate at 40-50%, but since some of my favorite venues are rather small, how long can a restaurant that normally fills 15 tables, and turns them over 4 times an evening, work with only 6-7 tables, and remain in business?

Furthermore, given the fact that the protesters' latest tactic is to disrupt outdoor diners, how are the businesses going to continue, no matter where they are??
I don't know how people do it. If some dumb protester came at me yelling while I was eating, I'd throw the plate of food right at his or her face. But see, this is also why I don't dine out! I don't want to be bothered!

Old 09-07-2020, 07:39 PM

16,072 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree!

Response: Opinion

If the Diners pick up my tab for throwing food at the protesters I'm all in.................

Old 09-08-2020, 05:19 AM

6,443 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I don't know how people do it. If some dumb protester came at me yelling while I was eating, I'd throw the plate of food right at his or her face. But see, this is also why I don't dine out! I don't want to be bothered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Opinion

If the Diners pick up my tab for throwing food at the protesters I'm all in.................
While I share both of your sentiments, keep in mind, from a practical standpoint, that this stance won't work out too well. As we all know, while the "agitators" aren't exactly "Rhodes Scholars", they are at least smart enough to travel in large packs, knowing that they'll ALWAYS outnumber the people that they're harassing, which affords them the ability to stay fairly safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City