Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 07:08 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IForgotMyOldAccount View Post
its the opp. actually everyone is doing more work like 2-3 times more.

The Job Market is well an employers market now. This 'trend' will continue or become permanent if people don't return to the office. Not to mention careers will be stunted. COVID-19 for white collar workers will is doing more harm than good and its easier for employers to be less transparent as well.
100%. Accelerated outsourcing and reduction of wages, while having to be on call 24/7 in your spare bedroom will be the new norm. More wealth to the very top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 11:16 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IForgotMyOldAccount View Post
its the opp. actually everyone is doing more work like 2-3 times more.

The Job Market is well an employers market now. This 'trend' will continue or become permanent if people don't return to the office. Not to mention careers will be stunted. COVID-19 for white collar workers will is doing more harm than good and its easier for employers to be less transparent as well.
I think ot depends on the industry. I have hears from people who worked significantly less and then I have spoken to some who it seems as if they work non-stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
100%. Accelerated outsourcing and reduction of wages, while having to be on call 24/7 in your spare bedroom will be the new norm. More wealth to the very top.
On call 24/7? Reminds me of people I have heard from in IT. It was like this prior to Covid too. We dont have politicians who stand up for workers rights like in other countries. It's really sad to hear from friends/people online that they are working 70-hr weeks. Some are literally working all day.

We also need fresh faces who actually understand technology-related issues that affect us. A lot of these faces that have been around a long time are making laws/passing judgements and have no clue regarding the effects of their actions. I have heard this MANY times.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:49 PM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Sales and trading staff (among others) have been notified they must return in person to work by 21 September. There are exclusions for those with valid covid-19 reasons, but otherwise the vacation is over...

https://therealdeal.com/2020/09/10/j...to-the-office/

JP Morgan continues work from home until 2021 for most staff.

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL4N2GP3L0

Old 09-29-2020, 03:21 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
JP Morgan continues work from home until 2021 for most staff.

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL4N2GP3L0
Jamie is a clown. I bet you Senior staff threatened to resign. Some of these guys make a million bucks annually in bonuses and commissions etc. They could downsize and retire if they wanted to.

Old 09-29-2020, 03:03 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times

https://imgflip.com/i/4gq82p
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City