Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 01:22 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

Here we go! Mr. Loudmouth Comptroller who is now officially running for mayor says the wealthy need to pay "more" in taxes to help city deal with current and future fiscal problems.

Oh and Scotty Boy also says "'Why would you risk your life going to Texas or Florida or any place where you have governors who just ignore health and safety laws? You've got to be nuts to go there.' "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lose-debt.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 01:24 AM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Bye Bye NYC. Both of my neighbors are leaving this week and I'm not far behind them hopefully. Anyone with taxable income is going to move. These idiots really think they can keep shaming people into paying higher and higher taxes to fund the underclass voting bloc they need to remain in power.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-16-2020, 05:58 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Bye Bye NYC. Both of my neighbors are leaving this week and I'm not far behind them hopefully. Anyone with taxable income is going to move. These idiots really think they can keep shaming people into paying higher and higher taxes to fund the underclass voting bloc they need to remain in power.
I don’t know about Staten Island but Long Island homes are selling like crazy right now. A good time to sell and leave.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:36 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Here we go! Mr. Loudmouth Comptroller who is now officially running for mayor says the wealthy need to pay "more" in taxes to help city deal with current and future fiscal problems.

Oh and Scotty Boy also says "'Why would you risk your life going to Texas or Florida or any place where you have governors who just ignore health and safety laws? You've got to be nuts to go there.' "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lose-debt.html

Just why should someone isolating at their luxury digs care about what any local governor says about epidemic precautions? Does this guy truly think any single one of the people he wants to tax to death was even physically present, with their family, in NYC during the epidemic?

The second-best option would be for the federal government to increase taxes nationwide which would decrease the competitive disadvantage for NYC?? Haaaahaaa ... that's priceless! The second-best option for whom? Certainly not for 320,000,000 people residing in the US but not in NYC, who have zero personal interest in donating their $ to NYC (so NYC can give welfare recipients everything possible for free).

Meanwhile, the values of condos in my central Boston neighborhood have skyrocketed, and even this far north, and in the middle of a different large city, we are getting upper middle class refugees from NYC :-).

Old 09-16-2020, 07:39 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I don’t know about Staten Island but Long Island homes are selling like crazy right now. A good time to sell and leave.
few around us sold at record price on Long island, but all of them were people who were ready to retire. Young families are moving in.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:50 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
I sold my Dumbo condo in 2015. But my wife still has friends in our old building. They are all Trump hating liberals, but every single one of them fled back to their parents homes in LI or Westchester. Its good to be a trust fund liberal, easy to leave when the S goes down. Good luck taxing them since they all left the city already. The ones that are still here are using their Hamptons address for taxes.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:55 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,219,565 times
You first Scott.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:11 AM

9,132 posts, read 6,185,387 times
When you split your time between different states, be sure to keep careful records of where you are every day. The politicos in NY and NYC are just waiting to get their teeth into your money. Keep your income and earnings out of reach by ensuring that you are not considered a NY or NYC resident.

"You are a New York State resident for income tax purposes if:

your domicile is New York State (see Exception below); or
you maintain a permanent place of abode in New York State for substantially all of the taxable year and spend 184 days or more in New York State during the taxable year, whether or not you are domiciled in New York State for any portion of the taxable year. Note: Any part of a day is a day for this purpose."

Old 09-16-2020, 08:13 AM

9,132 posts, read 6,185,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
I sold my Dumbo condo in 2015. But my wife still has friends in our old building. They are all Trump hating liberals, but every single one of them fled back to their parents homes in LI or Westchester. Its good to be a trust fund liberal, easy to leave when the S goes down. Good luck taxing them since they all left the city already. The ones that are still here are using their Hamptons address for taxes.
When did they leave and who knows when they left? Watch out for neighbors!

Old 09-16-2020, 08:52 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
When did they leave and who knows when they left? Watch out for neighbors!

They left shortly after the nightly looting/riots started.
Our building in DUMBO is only like 3 blocks from the projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: