Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 05:40 AM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Your a good example, you said your kids went to school all last year and they are still alive and kicking.
Yup, from day one. Not even a cold. Across the program not a single case of Covid has been attributed to the rec centers: not a single parent, student, or staff member. But now that program ended (I retired anyway so we aren't eligible anymore) and we're stuck homeschooling with all the sheep while still paying taxes into a massive system of dysfunctional, closed, indoctrination centers.

I'm slowly breaking down by ex- to the reality that we have to all move together asap somewhere the kids will be much better off.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-17-2020, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Yeah because his kids tested positive and didn't have Kawasaki syndrome its ok for all other kids to attend

This is the same guy who had a relative die from this and he's still adamant on his freedom kick. Like hell I'd bring kids into this world with illogical people who think it's ok to roll the dice with their own flesh and blood. I wasn't raised by a lackadaisical quasi-libertarian parent. This isn't the got damn prarie it's the concrete jungle and Ron Paul isn't the Senator.
And you continue to refuse to answer the simple question you've been asked numerous times:

Which other .0055 killers should we shut the whole world down for?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-17-2020, 07:08 AM

644 posts, read 306,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm slowly breaking down by ex- to the reality that we have to all move together asap somewhere the kids will be much better off.
Sympathy! Be careful with the moving though. You might end up moving somewhere that will turn on a dime and shut down schools. I was trying to get my family to go to NJ a month ago when they were saying they'll reopen. Glad that went nowhere - a lot of NJ districts have either gone full remote, or are doing the same blended learning thing.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:31 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,878,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
And you continue to refuse to answer the simple question you've been asked numerous times:

Which other .0055 killers should we shut the whole world down for?
For the love of all that is holy and sacred....

LEARN STATISTICS....Your numbers are WAY OFF BASE.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...eath-in-the-us

I guess we'll need to wait for the post-mortem report for the naysayers to say "Oh. That's pretty bad"

Humanity has truly shown itself fully this year.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:45 AM

So still no answer. As expected.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG2020 View Post
Sympathy! Be careful with the moving though. You might end up moving somewhere that will turn on a dime and shut down schools. I was trying to get my family to go to NJ a month ago when they were saying they'll reopen. Glad that went nowhere - a lot of NJ districts have either gone full remote, or are doing the same blended learning thing.
True, but we could move somewhere that doesn't require everyone with a heartbeat to have a full salary job else you cannot survive. Then at least we could completely homeschool on our own accord.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:01 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times
They just announced no in person until 9/26

Schools are freaking out this morning how to handle that

I bet there will be no in person for 2020

Old 09-17-2020, 09:15 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,017 times
What a dramatic post, so dramatic.

Do you know the number of kids whom died from this virus? Its 10, tops. And out of the 10, 6 had underlying conditions. I'm not mitigating the deaths of 10 children, that's tragic to the family, of course. However, 10 out of MILLIONS of kids is nothing, not to sound harsh.

Kids get sick ALL THE TIME. Its how they build their immune system. Thousands of kids die from many other illnesses and sicknesses, mishaps, accidents, all the time. They're going to get sick and DO get sick ALL the time. Children have been largely much better off than any other age group. The flu has been much worse to kids than COVID.

You haven't been sick before as a child? Child?

Tired of the kids being used as political fodder.

The OP acts as if by next year, fall 2021 that the children will be completely safe from all the other factors of life.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
What a dramatic post, so dramatic.

Do you know the number of kids whom died from this virus? Its 10, tops. And out of the 10, 6 had underlying conditions. I'm not mitigating the deaths of 10 children, that's tragic to the family, of course. However, 10 out of MILLIONS of kids is nothing, not to sound harsh.

Kids get sick ALL THE TIME. Its how they build their immune system. Thousands of kids die from many other illnesses and sicknesses, mishaps, accidents, all the time. They're going to get sick and DO get sick ALL the time. Children have been largely much better off than any other age group. The flu has been much worse to kids than COVID.

You haven't been sick before as a child? Child?

Tired of the kids being used as political fodder.

The OP acts as if by next year, fall 2021 that the children will be completely safe from all the other factors of life.
I have kids in the system, I'm not worried about them getting sick. The problem is if they bring it home and I get it and then their grandparents get it and end up in the hospital

Old 09-17-2020, 09:32 AM

They you have to stay away from the grandparents, you, and or choose not to send them on your own.

We're doing freedom backwards right now. It doesn't work this way, no matter how much our overlords tell us otherwise.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City