Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 11:28 AM

8,331 posts, read 4,372,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
quote from the article:

"It is not yet clear what funds are likely to be cut, but the amount of money siphoned from New York City could be massive, given the Big Apple gets about $7 billion in annual federal aid."

New York City police arrested a group of protesters on Thursday, Sept 17th during a demonstration against U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement over the allegation that doctors have performed unwanted hysterectomies at the borders.
86 protesters were arrested and pretty aggressively if you watch the footage.
And in late July they also cleared out the occupy City Hall encampment.
And in crime fighting, during the week ending Sept. 6 the NYPD made 160 gun arrests the most in a week since 1995
So why this is ignored by Barr?
Because Trump hates New York for being an overwhelmingly Democrat city and he knows has no chance in hell of winning (despite recent jokes) and his political strategy is to divide and conquer by promoting partisanship as heavily as possible. I might even win with this strategy
And we will have another 4 years and further divide the country politically and ultimately more unrest

It would be very rare that a New Yorker presently living in New York regardless if they are Democrat or Republican would support a $7 billion cut to federal aid to their own city which would
which would mean further cuts to essential services and a further decline in quality of life in the city
People who support such an idea either don't live here or have firm plans to move out soon. That is their perspective

Oh I'd love to live in NYC if it gets cleaned up of crime and excessive taxes used to support generational welfare. I support any idea that opposes growth of crime and welfare, as I think that only reduction in crime and welfare can salvage the image of NYC as a cool place to live. I don't have any firm plans, just watching how the future unfolds.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:07 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Oh I'd love to live in NYC if it gets cleaned up of crime and excessive taxes used to support generational welfare. I support any idea that opposes growth of crime and welfare, as I think that only reduction in crime and welfare can salvage the image of NYC as a cool place to live. I don't have any firm plans, just watching how the future unfolds.
It's only gonna get worse after the election when AOC enables more leftists to the city council it will become like Seattle. Where there nothing but homeless and druggies on the streets. I was walking in midtown and there's so many homeless, disenfranchised folks roaming around due to the lack of tourists and working people. So it's almost like seeing zombies roaming the streets, like in the Walking Dead TV series. Trash is piled up and nothing being done with all the homeless sleeping near the edge of the street now that sidewalks are expanded for outdoor dining.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:04 PM

5,803 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's only gonna get worse after the election when AOC enables more leftists to the city council it will become like Seattle. Where there nothing but homeless and druggies on the streets. I was walking in midtown and there's so many homeless, disenfranchised folks roaming around due to the lack of tourists and working people. So it's almost like seeing zombies roaming the streets, like in the Walking Dead TV series. Trash is piled up and nothing being done with all the homeless sleeping near the edge of the street now that sidewalks are expanded for outdoor dining.

Went to city few weeks back for a few days to my old job. The homeless situation is scary. You can get attacked at any given moment basicallly. Anything can happen.
Told my boss never again. Working from home from here on.
dont miss the commute.

2020 has been great for quality of life for many, me included who will work from home now.

Last edited by Dave 92 LSC; 09-21-2020 at 02:19 PM..

Old 09-21-2020, 02:07 PM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
After a trump landslide the leftists will attempt to pillage the city but trump will save us. Handcuffs will be off and it'll be game on. The most dangerous game.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:10 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
trump will save us.
lol

Old 09-21-2020, 04:19 PM

142 posts, read 224,190 times
I don't think any of this happened as stated.

Quote:
When a city defunds its own essential services
This didn't happen. The budget vote isn't until 2021.

Quote:
why SHOULD the federal government (ie, the taxpayers nationwide who do not live in that city) give money to that city,
The city gives 8 billion dollars a year and only receives 6 billion dollars a year in federal taxes. That means the city gets -2billion dollars, or that taxpayers nationwide do not give any money to the city.

Quote:
Happy to see NYPD is beling allowed to enforce laws again
The NYPD was never forbidden from enforcing laws, they personally chose to protest.

Quote:
Oh I'd love to live in NYC if it gets cleaned up of crime
NYC has one of the lowest crime rates per-capita among cities in the United States. It seems like we already cleaned up the crime compared to most other cities.

Quote:
After a trump landslide the leftists will attempt to pillage the city but trump will save us.
Can you please show me where you read that. I think if you look at most recent news articles, you will see that we are all working on planning budget cuts, not budget expansions.

Old 09-21-2020, 04:29 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalforever View Post
I don't think any of this happened as stated.

This didn't happen. The budget vote isn't until 2021.

The city gives 8 billion dollars a year and only receives 6 billion dollars a year in federal taxes. That means the city gets -2billion dollars, or that taxpayers nationwide do not give any money to the city.

The NYPD was never forbidden from enforcing laws, they personally chose to protest.

NYC has one of the lowest crime rates per-capita among cities in the United States. It seems like we already cleaned up the crime compared to most other cities.

Can you please show me where you read that. I think if you look at most recent news articles, you will see that we are all working on planning budget cuts, not budget expansions.
How much does City Hall pay you to write all this BS?

Old 09-21-2020, 05:42 PM

Can you please explain the bull**** parts?

Old 09-21-2020, 06:05 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalforever View Post

You're right. I should have said the district attorneys were forbidden from enforcing any laws

Old 09-21-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You're right. I should have said the district attorneys were forbidden from enforcing any laws
I just looked into this. "any laws" is not correct. The laws that the district attorneys will not prosecute are, specifically:
- unlawful assembly by a protestor
- disorderly conduct by a protestor

Let's look at what disorderly conduct means here:
" Typically, "disorderly conduct" makes it a crime to be drunk in public, to "disturb the peace", or to loiter in certain areas.

In other words, the DA just made it legal to exercise your first amendment rights to peacefully protest. The DA did NOT make it legal to protest violently, just so we are clear here.

So that means it was never legal to:
- Loot stores
- Breaking and entering
- Assault (such as against a police officer)
- Stealing

Just so we cleared that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: