Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 06:20 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times

Advertisements

Lets not punish the people for the incompetencies of our supposed leaders. Instead just have those leaders removed and replaced. I have no problem with NY State Senate or whoever with the power tells Cuomo to take a hike, and then if possible whatever legislation is needed to throw DeBlasphemy in prison, and declare martial law in this city. Let the Nat Guard or the Reg Army roll in, and get rid of the rabble.

Old 09-21-2020, 06:54 PM

910 posts, read 753,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalforever View Post
Can you please explain the bull**** parts?
Um...all of it...

Old 09-21-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Lets not punish the people for the incompetencies of our supposed leaders. Instead just have those leaders removed and replaced. I have no problem with NY State Senate or whoever with the power tells Cuomo to take a hike, and then if possible whatever legislation is needed to throw DeBlasphemy in prison, and declare martial law in this city. Let the Nat Guard or the Reg Army roll in, and get rid of the rabble.
You forget New Yorkers actually voted for those losers, so they deserve it. No mystery there.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:15 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,467,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalforever View Post
I just looked into this. "any laws" is not correct. The laws that the district attorneys will not prosecute are, specifically:
- unlawful assembly by a protestor
- disorderly conduct by a protestor

Let's look at what disorderly conduct means here:
" Typically, "disorderly conduct" makes it a crime to be drunk in public, to "disturb the peace", or to loiter in certain areas.

In other words, the DA just made it legal to exercise your first amendment rights to peacefully protest. The DA did NOT make it legal to protest violently, just so we are clear here.

So that means it was never legal to:
- Loot stores
- Breaking and entering
- Assault (such as against a police officer)
- Stealing

Just so we cleared that up.
Are you aware george Soros has been funding far left/progressive DA's all around the country? He isn't hiding it and no it's not a conspiracy theory.

Here is an article from 2016
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-reform-227519

Here is an article from 2018
https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...523-story.html

Today cops make arrests in large cities around the country and Soros funded DA refuse to prosecute or knock down the charges to a ticket. It happens everyday. Soros and those that think like him think they are helping the underprivileged. Instead they are killing these big cities.

Again, regardless of what you "feel" or think. The fact is DAs in major cities, including NYC are taking in arrests and turning them loose with little to no prosecution. In turn cops are making less arrests. Don't blame the cops, blame the prosecutors. Why go through the trouble of making an arrest if when you bring them in the DA takes the cuffs off and sends the person home?

Old 09-21-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Are you aware george Soros has been funding far left/progressive DA's all around the country? He isn't hiding it and no it's not a conspiracy theory.

Here is an article from 2016
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-reform-227519

Here is an article from 2018
https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...523-story.html

Today cops make arrests in large cities around the country and Soros funded DA refuse to prosecute or knock down the charges to a ticket. It happens everyday. Soros and those that think like him think they are helping the underprivileged. Instead they are killing these big cities.

Again, regardless of what you "feel" or think. The fact is DAs in major cities, including NYC are taking in arrests and turning them loose with little to no prosecution. In turn cops are making less arrests. Don't blame the cops, blame the prosecutors. Why go through the trouble of making an arrest if when you bring them in the DA takes the cuffs off and sends the person home?
Yep and then they go after a lady for simply having an exchange of words with a Black male in Central Park. Or, they go after a random lady who yells at a Black jogger...both examples are much much much less threatening to public safety (if we could even call someone who simply doesn't like Black people a threat to public safety...when I'm inclined to believe otherwise) than the savage beasts who are allowed to roam free in NYC, rape people, rob people, stab people, loot stores. This whole country has become such a joke at this point! I've got one thing very clear on my mind: I will NEVER EVER EVER apologize for my views nor will I take a knee for anybody, let alone a criminal thug made martyr like George Floyd (not that his death was justified, but I also do not believe he was a saint as the media and their salivating brainwashed sycophants would have you believe.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:11 PM

142 posts, read 224,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Um...all of it...
You have provided no sources which contradict my claims.

Quote:
Fine, but we weren't talking about George Soros, we were talking about the laws the DA is choosing to enforce and the laws the DA is not choosing to enforce here.

Quote:
Today cops make arrests in large cities around the country and Soros funded DA refuse to prosecute or knock down the charges to a ticket.
I'm sure the part about knocking down the charges is true. That happens everywhere, but I don't think that has to do with George Soros.

Quote:
the savage beasts who are allowed to roam free in NYC, rape people, rob people, stab people, loot stores
NYC's crime rate is much lower than it was in the 80s and 90s. I have citizen on my phone so I know how many crimes there have been in my particular area of Queens since COVID-19 and the answer is 0. There hasn't even been one crime here since March. I think you need to rethink your choice of residence if the current state of things scares you and think more rural.

Last edited by metalforever; 09-21-2020 at 08:25 PM..

Old 09-21-2020, 08:48 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,467,022 times
It has everything to do with George soros. You just proved you didn't read either link I posted.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
The most amazing thing about this forum is the length of time some alternate names have been on ice, waiting. In the wings should the prior name be flushed out and banned.

Bye again Nywriterdude. You're the easiest the uncover, FYI.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-22-2020, 01:47 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's only gonna get worse after the election when AOC enables more leftists to the city council it will become like Seattle. Where there nothing but homeless and druggies on the streets. I was walking in midtown and there's so many homeless, disenfranchised folks roaming around due to the lack of tourists and working people. So it's almost like seeing zombies roaming the streets, like in the Walking Dead TV series. Trash is piled up and nothing being done with all the homeless sleeping near the edge of the street now that sidewalks are expanded for outdoor dining.
There were always so many homeless, disenfranchised people walking the streets. There are a million fewer out of city commuters streaming in through/to midtown, a million fewer NYCers commuting through midtown, hundreds of thousands fewer tourists, fewer college students. Dilution made you invisible to the crazies - now you're the only other person on the block.

Let's say there are 300 blocks in midtown and normally 2.5 million in daily foot traffic concentrated into 5 hours (commute + lunch) - that's 30 people per block per minute. Shave 2 million from the daily foot traffic and you get 5 people per block per minute.

NYC needs tourists (which will happen gradually) and commuters (less clear). No politician has a resolution for the homeless issues in NYC without a comprehensive federal strategy.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:23 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
There were always so many homeless, disenfranchised people walking the streets. There are a million fewer out of city commuters streaming in through/to midtown, a million fewer NYCers commuting through midtown, hundreds of thousands fewer tourists, fewer college students. Dilution made you invisible to the crazies - now you're the only other person on the block.

Let's say there are 300 blocks in midtown and normally 2.5 million in daily foot traffic concentrated into 5 hours (commute + lunch) - that's 30 people per block per minute. Shave 2 million from the daily foot traffic and you get 5 people per block per minute.

NYC needs tourists (which will happen gradually) and commuters (less clear). No politician has a resolution for the homeless issues in NYC without a comprehensive federal strategy.
I have a solution but liberals are gonna cry foul that it is overreaching. But you need intervention in order to rehab people properly to become productive and self motivated again. You can't just stuff people with cash and let them figure things out themselves. Look at all the weed and boze the homeless people have.

Liberalism has never been a successful platform to fix any societal problem. Every plan they devised ultimately shifts the burden to the public. That's what they do best while they sell it like they are the central point of changing people's lives but they are nothing but modern day communists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: