Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 10:47 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,300 times

Advertisements

https://www.ny.gov/early-voting-and-...ail-or-dropbox

New Yorkers can vote early for the November 3, 2020 general election.

Early voting starts on October 24, and runs until November 1, 2020.

Absentee Voting
This year, registered voters can vote three ways: By absentee ballot, in-person early voting, or in-person voting on Election Day, November 3, 2020.

All registered voters can request an absentee ballot if they are concerned about COVID-19 for the November 3 election. Signed absentee ballots can be returned to drop boxes without a wait at over 300 locations statewide.

REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
  • You may return the ballot in any of the following ways:
  • Put it in the mail ensuring it receives a postmark no later than November 3
  • Drop it off at an early voting poll site between October 24th and November 1
  • Drop it off at a poll site on November 3 by 9pm
  • Drop it off at your County Board of Elections Office starting September 8 until no later than November 3 by 9pm (see list of County Board of Elections Offices below)

The Hill

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...oter-addresses

New Yorkers report receiving ballots with wrong name, voter addresses

Voters in New York City said they received their mail-in ballots this week but were surprised to find they were printed with the wrong names and voter IDs and included incorrect return labels.

Some voters said they received absentee ballots mislabeled as the official ballot for military members, while others said the envelope meant to return their ballot did not bear their name or address.

There's about a month to clear these issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 11:13 AM

1,399 posts, read 891,503 times
Totally didn't see this coming (rolls eyes). I'll be voting in person the day of.

Old 09-29-2020, 04:01 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Totally didn't see this coming (rolls eyes). I'll be voting in person the day of.
Ditto.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:32 PM

9,117 posts, read 6,170,326 times
I have to vote by absentee ballot this year and that is absolutely frightening.

Ballot Harvesting will reach new heights and politics new depths.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:30 PM

644 posts, read 307,181 times
How does in person early voting work? I feel like that's the best option.

I don't trust those absentee ballots. Voting in person seems easier, but I wouldn't be surprised if voting the day of turns into a cluster-mess along the lines of the school reopening. Especially since many polling places are schools, and it's going to be a whole thing if all these adults crowd into the buildings to vote. It's kind of scary no one in city government has mentioned this concern yet... probably means they haven't given it any thought, and won't until two days before.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:06 PM

910 posts, read 753,169 times
For Cuomo and other democrat officials, "New Yorkers" and "voters" can include anyone from Joe Schmo to illegal Pradeep from Pradesh India and Juan Pepe Perez from Mexico, also illegal. Their aim is not to have a legit democracy - their aim is to allow anyone with a pulse (and dead people too) to vote so they can steal the election.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:53 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
All these early voting and mailed in ballots will not be all counted. Where are they storing them and how do you know they are received and counted? The law states they cannot be counted until election day, so where is that being stored and how will you know?

There are already reports of ballots being discarded or tossed by any human worker that mules these letters. It's too obvious which zipcodes support which candidate so simply hiring someone to toss ballots out is a cheap dirty tactic.

Old 09-30-2020, 11:53 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I have to vote by absentee ballot this year and that is absolutely frightening.

Ballot Harvesting will reach new heights and politics new depths.
Are you able to use a ballot box and skip the US Postal Service?

Old 09-30-2020, 01:20 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,903 times
Early voting looks good to me. Gotta do my civic duty.

Old 09-30-2020, 04:16 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Are you able to use a ballot box and skip the US Postal Service?

Signed absentee ballots can be returned to drop boxes without a wait at over 300 locations statewide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: