Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 12:07 PM

2,433 posts, read 1,211,739 times

Advertisements

Just two weeks to flatten the curve. Remember that one? Good times.

Wait till the climate change rolling shut downs, they'll be a hoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 12:07 PM

34,003 posts, read 47,240,427 times
I'm just going to leave this here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_N...asles_outbreak

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-06-2020, 12:12 PM

2,603 posts, read 3,399,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
You are living in fear. Do you have any idea how many strains of bacteria, flu, germs, parasites, STD's and other nasties are out there? People carry germs on their skins, bodies, etc. It is up to you as an individual to wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough, not have promiscuous sex, take showers, clean your clothes, and most of all, eat the right foods.

And your statement about "these people are not normal" is untrue. They simply refuse to live in fear. Life goes on. If one of them catch the flu, well let them deal with it.
It's up to all of us to wear masks, wash our hands, social distance etc. Not just me. What is wrong with you?

Old 10-06-2020, 01:08 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
It's up to all of us to wear masks, wash our hands, social distance etc. Not just me. What is wrong with you?
I'll repeat this again:

It is up to you as an individual to wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough, not have promiscuous sex, take showers, clean your clothes, and most of all, eat the right foods.

If only everyone followed this advice...

Listen, no matter how many times I say so, personal responsiblity with cleanliness and lifestyle choices will always trump wearing a mask. Mask is not going to save you, dude. Masks only serve to delay the inevitable and provides a false sense of security - for only COVID (out of all the infectious diseases that are out there).

You're either healthy or you're not. But you're probably upset because you think this is about politics - it's not. But I see clearly how the media forces people to think irrationally with fear and anger.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:09 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
These are no ordinary Jews. These are Hasids and Orthodox Jews. Let's get this straight. They look down upon normal people of the Jewish faith.
That is so not true. I belong to a Chabad House, and they welcome Jews of all degrees of observance. Please stop spreading hostility toward religious Jews!

Old 10-06-2020, 01:09 PM

813 posts, read 401,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
They think they’re above the law, and use “religion†as a excuse every time
Bingo!

Old 10-06-2020, 01:13 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Oye. Just listen to all these antisemitic posters, dumping on religious Jews.

I went to services at an ultra-Orthodox shul for the High Holidays. It was held outside, the chairs were spread far apart, and masks were required. They even had a box of masks sitting in a table in case anyone forgot.

Those of you making broad, hateful judgments against religious Jews are just as bad as people making broad, hateful judgments against blacks.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:39 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
People not wanting to live in fear has nothing to do with ethnicity or religion.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:59 PM

2,603 posts, read 3,399,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

I went to services at an ultra-Orthodox shul for the High Holidays. It was held outside, the chairs were spread far apart, and masks were required. They even had a box of masks sitting in a table in case anyone forgot.

Those of you making broad, hateful judgments against religious Jews are just as bad as people making broad, hateful judgments against blacks.
Your service may be in accordance to social distancing laws but what about the many other events that weren't? Why is there an uptick of covid cases within their community?
I harbor no hate or ill will toward the Orthodox or their community but I am frustrated with them. They have been vehemently against social distancing from day one. Even in Israel. They have been caught red handed having weddings and social gatherings with hundreds of people in attendance dozens of times right during the height of the pandemic. They make no excuses for their poor judgement and call people that try to curb their behavior "Nazis".

They obviously won't listen to the Mayor, the governor or the CDC. They won't even listen to their Rabbi's who've pleaded with them to stay home, don't go out, don't gather in large groups, wear masks, etc.

Old 10-06-2020, 02:19 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

I went to services at an ultra-Orthodox shul for the High Holidays.

where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City