Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 11:29 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times

Advertisements

Good for them for taking page out of the Burn Loot Murder playbook.

Feel like a victim, got a grievance? Time to riot!!

I learned it from watching you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 11:31 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What is your suggestion then to slow down the spread to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed? Just walk around as if everything is normal? Give me a break. If we know how COVID worked, it would be one thing, but there are a lot of unknowns at the moment for something that is temporary. Once a vaccine comes into play to treat this, we will eventually go back to normal. I don't understand all of your complaining. Some of what you say about unhealthy lifestyles is true, but mask wearing has been shown to be effective, since the virus is airborne.

The idea is to reduce the chances of getting it, which is what mask wearing does. You wear a mask to reduce the chances of spreading whatever you have to everyone else, and the next person does the same thing. It's pretty simple.
What is your suggestion then to keep unemployment lines, rising poverty, drug addiction, domestic violence, and crime rate numbers overwhelmed due to a COVID lockdown?

I don't think forcing vaccinations and keeping people locked down wearing a muzzle, I mean mask, and unemployed without any live entertainment is the answer to this problem. The "cure" is much worse than the problem itself. And this on top of the fact that COVID in and by itself doesn't kill. Death only comes to those with compromised immune systems, and not even. It seems those who are overweight and diabetics are getting hit the most. Obesity and diabetics are the culprit, not COVID.

So why isn't the Food and Drug Administration addressing the real problem? They should ban or at least put a big warning sign, just like they do with cigarettes and alcohol. Corn fructose, GMO's, commercial vegetable oils, sugar and anything made out of processed white flour should have a BIG warning label: Consuming these can cause diabetes, weight gain, metabolic disorder, heart disease, insulin resistance, and the susceptibility of deaths related to COVID.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:36 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,389,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
They think they’re above the law, and use “religion” as a excuse every time
Lol kind of like "they think they are above the law they use slavery as an excuse every time " lol I love it!

Old 10-07-2020, 09:59 PM

227 posts, read 97,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
Lol kind of like "they think they are above the law they use slavery as an excuse every time " lol I love it!
Wrong.

And 1 has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:15 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post

Not the same thing. Your comment reeks of ignorance.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:17 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
I don't understand why the title of this thread is "beefing with the Jews." Why is enforcing the law considered "beefing?" To my knowledge, it's mostly Ultra Orthodox Jews (not so much the other Jews?) who do not believe in wearing masks.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:00 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I don't understand why the title of this thread is "beefing with the Jews." Why is enforcing the law considered "beefing?" To my knowledge, it's mostly Ultra Orthodox Jews (not so much the other Jews?) who do not believe in wearing masks.
And not ALL ultra orthodox jews are riding the anti-mask paddy wagon either. Some are annoyed, grieved that their own are not acting responsibly or treating the virus more seriously & are getting intimidated, ridiculed or beaten up about it for expressing their dissent.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:02 AM

34,008 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
What is your suggestion then to keep unemployment lines, rising poverty, drug addiction, domestic violence, and crime rate numbers overwhelmed due to a COVID lockdown?

I don't think forcing vaccinations and keeping people locked down wearing a muzzle, I mean mask, and unemployed without any live entertainment is the answer to this problem. The "cure" is much worse than the problem itself. And this on top of the fact that COVID in and by itself doesn't kill. Death only comes to those with compromised immune systems, and not even. It seems those who are overweight and diabetics are getting hit the most. Obesity and diabetics are the culprit, not COVID.

So why isn't the Food and Drug Administration addressing the real problem? They should ban or at least put a big warning sign, just like they do with cigarettes and alcohol. Corn fructose, GMO's, commercial vegetable oils, sugar and anything made out of processed white flour should have a BIG warning label: Consuming these can cause diabetes, weight gain, metabolic disorder, heart disease, insulin resistance, and the susceptibility of deaths related to COVID.
Seriously? You're asking why the goverment isn't putting warning labels on candy?

Man I don't know what to say

Only if you've ever considered moving to Washington DC...

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-08-2020, 09:39 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post

"Porking the Jews" would have been considered offensive.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:28 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Seriously? You're asking why the goverment isn't putting warning labels on candy?

Man I don't know what to say

Only if you've ever considered moving to Washington DC...
Because processed foods cause more deaths than smoking. Sugar ferments cancer - that is a fact. Cancer will not survive without the presence of sugar. Heart disease is part of a metabolic disorder that is associated with insulin resistance, which starts earlier in life by consuming garbage for foods. Heart disease and Cancer are the leading causes of death. So why put only warning labels on cigarettes and alcohol?

Michelle Obama had it right when she tried to eliminate sugar crap from children's diets. Children - nor adults for that matter should be consuming that garbage on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City