Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 08:47 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
I like how they shut everything down but they won't give anyone unemployment

It was ok when everyone was on unemployment, but now it's dried up and they continue with the lockdowns

No money for small business or anything
I am delighted its strictly normal unemployment now, as people should personally feel the full affect of the NY politicians crushing their own states economy.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:15 PM

910 posts, read 753,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
I like how they shut everything down but they won't give anyone unemployment

It was ok when everyone was on unemployment, but now it's dried up and they continue with the lockdowns

No money for small business or anything
Plenty of $$ for druggies, homeless and illegal aliens.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:20 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Maybe then you wouldn't have choked on your multiculti flavors. Is this the best insult you can come up with? Pathetic.

Don't like em? Don't read em. Simple. Clearly, you read it. "So much time typing"? It took me less than 15 minutes to type this. Just because you probably would take ages to write a paragraph doesn't mean everyone else is illiterate.

I read a couple of your first ranting posts...and have since read only the first one-two sentences of your long, repetitive, and predictable rants after the freshness quickly evaporated...hence my comments...I promise that the 2nd sentence will be unnecessary from now on......

Old 10-06-2020, 09:27 PM

1,486 posts, read 989,335 times
Quote:
None of you can say I never warned you. Back in the dark days of March 2020, right before the first lockdown in NYC, I said that the political class, their civil service minions, corrupt City Hall and our modern day nabobs would literally be salivating at the opportunity to flex their muscles and lord it over the citizenry.

In fact, we saw it happen. What came next was an economic catastrophe and a brutal assault on our freedom never in the history of our country attempted (not even during wartime).

We have had unacceptable restrictions on freedom of movement and the "new normal" is actually worse than the lockdown itself.

We have had dozens and dozens (no, hundreds!) of regulations made into administrative laws. Has there even been a debate in the NY State assembly or Congress about them? Not even a 5 minute debate.

NYC is the worst of the offenders against civil liberties. Marauding thugs from Black Lives Matter and their ultra-left enablers are allowed to rampage, riot and loot, even injure and sometimes even murder innocent people and yet, NYC also has "contact tracers". Over the Summer, NYC official kommisars were inspecting vehicles from a "list" of states ordered by mafiosi type boss Cuomo.

How the hell do Cuomo and Dumblazio get away with so much? Silly me! In a one-party state, they can do whatever they want!

In the beginning, like most decent taxpayers and people in general, I was prepared to give the governor and mayor "the benefit of the doubt."

As of this Summer 2020, though, I have not believed a single word they've said. Not after we saw rioters not being prosecuted, people being robbed with impunity and the NYC DA prosecuting a very very LOW LEVEL offense (if we can even call Central Park Karen an offense), all the while violent thieves and murderers walked free with no bail.

I honestly do not miss NYC at all, especially those infuriating little twerp White manlets (aka SJW woke millennial type transplants) that are ever so present in so many NYC neighborhoods. They delight in strutting their bs on the airwaves, scaring people and threatening to support even more serious curbs on our freedoms.

First it was "masks are not really effective", then it was "wear the damn mask"; first it was COVID DEATHS, now it's Covid "cases", nevermind how mild or asymptomatic.

The annoying rules are all over liberal areas like NYC: "6 feet apart", "outdoor dining", "work from home", curfews on a whim, all made up out of thin air and without serious warning.

They have destroyed the NYC economy and trashed our liberty. Then, they go crying to the feds for $$$. NYC doesn't deserve a single penny from America. They will keep on doubling down because they haven't got any idea how to get out of this disaster they created themselves.

Face masks? I think now they just want to cover something else in their body.

Meanwhile, as if this concerted assault against freedom were not enough, Cuomo shuts down what he decrees are "COVID 19 hotspots".

https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/cuomo-...-areas-of-nyc/

I do not understand how so many people tolerate this blatant attack on our constitutional freedoms.

Actually, I do - America is no longer the free country I knew. It is fast becoming a totalitarian state.

That being said, I do feel sorry for those who stayed behind in NYC. Imagine being on lockdown in NYC of all places -- confined to a (probably) small apartment, noisy neighbors in so many buildings, expensive...NYC HAS NOTHING going for it right now and won't in the foreseeable future. I hope you are proud of your votes.

I am extremely confused.
I thought you left NYC. Why do you still care if you are no longer here?

Old 10-06-2020, 09:31 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
I am extremely confused.

He has no one to talk to in the rural america......

Old 10-06-2020, 09:45 PM

910 posts, read 753,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
I am extremely confused.
Ugh, the usual silly comment. Just because I left NYC doesn't mean there exists some law of the universe that says I can no longer comment on it. Is that how limited you are as a person? I feel bad for you if that's the case. You only make comments about where you physically live? Here's some advice: go to your nearest library and start reading books. It may broaden your horizons and then perhaps you would not be "extremely confused."

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu
He has no one to talk to in the rural america......
Plenty of people, but there's no crime here nor anti-American sentiment. Here it's like preaching to the choir, so there's really nothing to change.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:57 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
There were 8 covid deaths yesterday. 8....

In a state with almost 20 million residents.
Incredible, how was New York able to go from the highest deaths to such a low figure?

Old 10-06-2020, 10:05 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:

NYC is the worst of the offenders against civil liberties. Marauding thugs from Black Lives Matter and their ultra-left enablers are allowed to rampage, riot and loot, even injure and sometimes even murder innocent people and yet, NYC also has "contact tracers". Over the Summer, NYC official kommisars were inspecting vehicles from a "list" of states ordered by mafiosi type boss Cuomo.
You seem to not know what civil liberties are

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Con...Bill-of-Rights

Civil Liberties And The Bill Of Rights

The federal government is obliged by many constitutional provisions to respect the individual citizen’s basic rights. Some civil liberties were specified in the original document, notably in the provisions guaranteeing the writ of habeas corpus and trial by jury in criminal cases (Article III, Section 2) and forbidding bills of attainder and ex post facto laws (Article I, Section 9). But the most significant limitations to government’s power over the individual were added in 1791 in the Bill of Rights. The Constitution’s First Amendment guarantees the rights of conscience, such as freedom of religion, speech, and the press, and the right of peaceful assembly and petition. Other guarantees in the Bill of Rights require fair procedures for persons accused of a crime—such as protection against unreasonable search and seizure, compulsory self-incrimination, double jeopardy, and excessive bail—and guarantees of a speedy and public trial by a local, impartial jury before an impartial judge and representation by counsel. Rights of private property are also guaranteed.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:46 PM

31 posts, read 8,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Incredible, how was New York able to go from the highest deaths to such a low figure?
At what cost? That’s the question. These lockdowns are past the point of absurd. 16% unemployment, tax base fleeing, crime up, homeless taking over.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:47 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,519 times
Just ignore canovas. He is mad because NYC ate him alive well before COVID and now he’s bitter, living in some crappy “rural area”...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City