Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 09:08 PM

1,034 posts, read 445,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Im hearing the same in South Brooklyn. Im hearing a lot of coughing from people too. May be just the seasonal cold/flu but with Covid in the mix who knows. There was speculation Fall/Winter could get bad with this, and its going in that direction.
I'm in South BK as well. I live pretty close to CI Hospital. Supposedly 11223 has the highest positive testing rate in all of the city. I heard a slight uptick in ambulances 1-2 weeks ago but it's quite down. Even the uptick was NOWHERE close to what went on in March-April.

I got COVID in late March. About 2 weeks ago I felt sick for 2-3 days. Didn't test as there's no point. I stayed away from my grandparents for close to 2 weeks just to be sure. I might've just had a quick cold.

On the other hand, from an immunological perspective, multiple , low dose exposure to any virus from which youve recovered from only works to strengthen your body's immune response. It's not a bad thing.

I catch the flu virtually every year. 3 years ago I had a bad case that lasted almost 3 weeks. My flu symptoms were way worse than my COVID symptoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 10:41 PM

644 posts, read 306,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
I'm in South BK as well. I live pretty close to CI Hospital. Supposedly 11223 has the highest positive testing rate in all of the city. I heard a slight uptick in ambulances 1-2 weeks ago but it's quite down. Even the uptick was NOWHERE close to what went on in March-April.

I got COVID in late March. About 2 weeks ago I felt sick for 2-3 days. Didn't test as there's no point. I stayed away from my grandparents for close to 2 weeks just to be sure. I might've just had a quick cold.

On the other hand, from an immunological perspective, multiple , low dose exposure to any virus from which youve recovered from only works to strengthen your body's immune response. It's not a bad thing.

I catch the flu virtually every year. 3 years ago I had a bad case that lasted almost 3 weeks. My flu symptoms were way worse than my COVID symptoms.
I live very close. It sounds like there's a very small uptick in ambulances some days. We had the same thing at the beginning of summer when beaches opened and much of the neighborhood started pulling off their masks outside. It was also a very short uptick - one or two weeks and things were back to normal. I'm also seeing a lot more people around. I think many who were away in the summer have come back, and some of them are getting sick. I've started wearing a mask outside again because the crowds are just unbelievable.

I think my family might have had it it March. Everyone had different symptoms, but I had the worst ones and they didn't really seem like a normal cold. Whatever it was seemed to come back in August, but much milder and thankfully without the one symptom that drove me up the wall the first time. So maybe I'm building up immunity, but I'm not taking any chances. If it's possible to catch it more than once, I don't want to catch it again and then give it to other people.

Old 10-18-2020, 04:43 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post

I agree about the immune system thing. I was still working in the Manhattan hotel when Covid was spreading fast here in March. Numerous travelers seemed ill and were coughing around me. I had some mild symptoms of something late Feb before that also.

Im still hearing more ambulances, a lot last night but its the weekend. More accidents, fights and wilding go on.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:43 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
Folks, let’s not forget, a person that tests positive means they have found at least fragments of the virus RNA, this includes serious symptoms, mild symptoms, and asymptomatic people, and people who had the virus in them recently. However a positive test doesn’t amount to a case, and that’s how people get tricked, if 10,000 people test positive one day, how many have symptoms? How many are really sick? Also let’s keep in mind that the virus has mutated and is less lethal. The lethality and mortality rates went down drastically.
For most governments, they cut health budgets so much they are just scared to be overwhelmed like in March.
Response: Opinion

RNA viruses closely resemblance to the common cold 229E,OC43,NL63 and HKU1 strains......has me suspicious
in what to and what not to believe. I am not concerned if there is a jump in reported positive cases. I am more concerned
if the number of people actually dying from testing positive is rising...........which it is not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City