Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 01:02 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
How do you not notice when your registration expires when its directly in front of the drivers face every time they get into the vehicle?
He has retirement brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 09:40 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
did you get a dmv notice for june ? i didnt... i know they show my e-mail so if you got one and i didnt something is up .
I couldn't tell you because I kept getting emails from the DMV about the postponement of registration renewal due to COVID and the closure of DMV offices. Then, there was another email when the expiration dates were going to be enforced. It might have been that you did not get an email/notice because of the confusion since the expiration dates for license renewal, inspection, registration renewal were postponed a couple of times.

Old 10-12-2020, 01:46 AM

106,668 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
How do you not notice when your registration expires when its directly in front of the drivers face every time they get into the vehicle? How often did you drive this vehicle to notice it expired 4 months ago? Were you actively driving it during these expired months are was it sitting parked on the public street or in a garage somewhere?

Its not the DMVs responsibility to inform vehicle owners that their vehicle is registration is about to expire, same with drivers license and same with inspection sticker. The owner is
actually unless you sit on the hood when you drive it is not visible whenever you are in the car ... with head in parking it really is rare to even look at the windshield from outside the car .

with a white car anytime i walk head on to the car my eyes tend to look for damage from the jerks that park near you . i only know our inspection month since i know when we got the car . it is not the same for the plates since those get transfer ed from car to car since i have special plates from the state as i am considered part of emergency services

Old 10-12-2020, 08:30 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
actually unless you sit on the hood when you drive it is not visible whenever you are in the car ... with head in parking it really is rare to even look at the windshield from outside the car .
I agree! Also it might depend on the slope of the car's windshield. I think older cars have windshields that are at less of an angle and it may be easier to notice or see on those, and more difficult on cars that have a steeper sloped windshield.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:08 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
I didn’t hear anything about the DMV not sending out notices for inspections and registrations because of covid. Maybe that was the case in June but I got an email recently about my inspection. After receiving that email, I clicked on the link to change my contact preferences to get DMV notifications by mail instead of emails. I’d rather get the renewal forms in the mail for a number of reasons. A few years ago my primary email account was permanently suspended because they said there was suspicious activity on it but I saw no evidence of it. Had I used that account with the DMV, I never would have remembered to change it with them because I don’t even have an account with them. I’m just on their email list.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:10 AM

1,486 posts, read 989,013 times
Quote:

with a white car anytime i walk head on to the car my eyes tend to look for damage from the jerks that park near you . i only know our inspection month since i know when we got the car . it is not the same for the plates since those get transfer ed from car to car since i have special plates from the state as i am considered part of emergency services
Maybe its just me...
Every car ive driven in NY have there registration sticker on the bottom left side of the windshield right next to the inspection sticker. For me both stickers are 100% visible from the inside even if the text is flipped, the font size on the registration is so big its hard to miss the month and year. If someone can see over the dash then they should be able to see the stickers unless they are the type to keep junk on their dash.

So in 4 months you didnt have to go to the front of the car for anything? Remove a flier from under wiper? clean the windshield? Clean off the gunk buildup from the wipers?

Old 10-12-2020, 09:12 AM

all i see inside the car is the words gov very lightly otherwise nothing is visible in the car

Old 10-12-2020, 10:33 AM

5,121 posts, read 4,969,530 times
Quote:
all i see inside the car is the words gov very lightly otherwise nothing is visible in the car

Interesting that NYers can make a conversation out of any topic, even on something as dry as "check your auto registration"....amazing, isn't it...

Old 10-12-2020, 10:37 AM

and argue it too

Old 10-12-2020, 10:41 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
and argue it too
I, for one, appreciate you starting the topic and am just ignoring all the ridiculous shaming others are attempting to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: