Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 05:14 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times

Advertisements

Aeran, do you get the feeling that there are some people here who are gleeful about predicting the bad prospects of NYC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 05:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Thankfully the non-delusional outnumber the delusional here.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-17-2020, 05:55 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Aeran, do you get the feeling that there are some people here who are gleeful about predicting the bad prospects of NYC?

Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to make people leave NYC so that rents go down/they can buy a house for less money. They are doom and gloom and yet they are still here.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:48 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to make people leave NYC so that rents go down/they can buy a house for less money. They are doom and gloom and yet they are still here.
NYC is largely a city of renters; people aren't buying a GD thing.

What they want is New York City to turn back into the filthy, nasty and crime infested place of 1970's so they can find "cheap" apartments. That and the "old neighborhood" with its mom and pop stores, and so forth will return.

Working theory is that if all the wealth leaves NYC, and or at least is seriously reduced it will take some of the pressure off "the poor", POC and others. Then they can make their moves that they didn't in 1990's until recently and make up for that loss.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:54 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Yes. Some are haters. NY always had it's share of haters. And some are just negative for negativity's sake. But I think for some, it's more borne of frustration than anything else. Frustration over what NY politicians are doing & their sense that now they've run it into the ground.

Even the article for all its positiveness admits for NYC to dig itself out of the hole they're currently in requires strong, capable leadership. And leaves that as a question mark.

Hence, my initial response. We shall see. It's not over yet but there's a lot to do.

Last edited by Aeran; 10-17-2020 at 07:04 PM..

Old 10-17-2020, 07:02 PM

6,361 posts, read 4,184,849 times
Not a matter of hating, just pathetic to see the City crumbling due to years of horrific political leadership, who by the way, were elected by those who live there.

Until the leadership can totally change course, the deterioration of the City will obviously continue.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:21 PM

329 posts, read 299,365 times
Quote:
There are many people living in New York city that are happy about the bad things happening right now

Old 10-18-2020, 07:38 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyberrios View Post
There are many people living in New York city that are happy about the bad things happening right now
No one here is happy about this. It's more leftist lunacy to twist any dissent this way. We're PISSED that NYC is tanking like this. Especially because many of us played a part in helping turn it around.

Leftists don't grasp much of anything based in reality, so I get that someone like Cida would believe that protestations against NYC's decline are actually cheers, but I still won't let this nonsense go unchallenged.

The only person who cheered our decline recently was banned, by me. Every other post I see is directed at combatting the terrible way Diblasio and his democrat ilk are destroying our city.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-18-2020, 07:51 AM

2,315 posts, read 1,151,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I'm glad this article provided some truth. Crime is not what people on this forum continue to lie about regarding the "dramatic increases." Also people are not "leaving in droves" as some here and the mass media would have you think.

Murders up 34.1%, burglaries up 41.9%, shootings up 90.2%, auto thefts up 63.2%. You were saying?

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/dow...en-us-city.pdf

Old 10-18-2020, 07:54 AM

1,399 posts, read 891,728 times
It seems as though you have decided to stay in nyc after your retirement airborne? All due respect but have you hit your head? Why? What's wrong with you? My bags are already packed and I've got about 6months to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: