Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 12:21 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times

Advertisements

Trump wisely doesn't want taxpayers from other states having to subsidize the rebuilding of cities and businesses in states and cities where Democrat politicians condoned "peaceful" riots and looting...while also telling Trump to stay out of the way and not provide Federal help to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 12:55 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I think I’m going to make an appointment with my eye doctor ASAP because apparently I too am going blind. Hopefully the office isn’t burnt down
you think eye doctors will give you honest results? The optometrists are being paid by Cuomo with George Soros backing to falsify the the test results to make you think you're not seeing what is actually going on.

Old 10-25-2020, 12:57 PM

1,034 posts, read 673,305 times
Jon Benson welcome back, you've made it back on this board somehow. He is our hyper local version of The Onion LOL. Some people are so used to drinking Koolaid, I fear for this city.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:27 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Trump s the only President in history to try to tie TAXPAYERS' funds to the politics of the recipients. Mondo bizarro.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Jon Benson welcome back, you've made it back on this board somehow. He is our hyper local version of The Onion LOL. Some people are so used to drinking Koolaid, I fear for this city.

on my hiatus they implanted a chip in my head, but was the good guy chip

Old 10-26-2020, 09:54 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Over the weekend, I went to visit a close friend who lives in a NYCHA project and was so surprised to see that boxes of food were being given out for free. The boxes contained eggs, vegetables, cans of tuna, chicken, also pasta and other foods. The boxes also had a letter from Trump saying that he is providing free food directly to tenants. I wonder if when he cuts the aid to these "anarchist" cities, if he will still provide these free boxes.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:30 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Over the weekend, I went to visit a close friend who lives in a NYCHA project and was so surprised to see that boxes of food were being given out for free. The boxes contained eggs, vegetables, cans of tuna, chicken, also pasta and other foods. The boxes also had a letter from Trump saying that he is providing free food directly to tenants. I wonder if when he cuts the aid to these "anarchist" cities, if he will still provide these free boxes.
Lol, in my neighborhood the love letters in the boxes were fro A.O. C.!

Does anyone really think he is going to be President long enough to cut aid to anybody in any meaningful way ?

Old 10-26-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Lol, in my neighborhood the love letters in the boxes were fro A.O. C.!

Does anyone really think he is going to be President long enough to cut aid to anybody in any meaningful way ?

He will have four years to cut federal aid to anarchist New York (if elected)

Old 10-26-2020, 01:40 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
He will have four years to cut federal aid to anarchist New York
oh ok

Old 10-26-2020, 02:32 PM

644 posts, read 307,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
He will have four years to cut federal aid to anarchist New York (if elected)
Technically, I'm not sure he can do it. It's Congress that decides who gets money, isn't it? He has some limited executive order power and veto power, but if something does get cut, it's not going to be all federal funds. Never mind that there are a lot of pre-existing grant agreements and laws and requirements that would have to be untangled for this to happen, and a lot of the defunding won't hold up in court.

I'm not a lawyer, but these articles seem to summarize the situation pretty acurately, as far as I can tell:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...nth-amendment/
https://www.lawfareblog.com/trump-ca...ics-aid-states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: