Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 11:48 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,757,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
1. It can be Spanish if the culture speaks Spanish.
3. A 1% death rate does not justify an economic shutdown for everyone. I would hate to lose my financial livelihood over a flu I’m sure I can beat.

I think Spaniards from Spain would have a problem with that point of view. People from the Caribbean, SA, CA are Latin Americans, not Spaniards. Unless you want to call Americans, Canadians, Jamaicans, and a lot of other English speaking country etc "English." I'm sure the British Empire would love that expansion of their empire.

Quote:
3. A 1% death rate does not justify an economic shutdown for everyone. I would hate to lose my financial livelihood over a flu I’m sure I can beat.

It’s mind boggling how you’re not afraid of becoming homeless, being able to feed yourself or living with high crime due to people having lost their jobs and becoming desperate. Suicide, alcoholism, domestic violence and mental illness are all on the rise. You’re crazy if you think this is all worth it over a flu that while yes, spreads rapidly, does not kill otherwise healthy people.
The death rate is closer to 3.5% rate. The lifelong debilitation rate is MUCH HIGHER. How come no one talks about that. Yes, people died of Polio too. But I'm sure FDR would have liked to not have been stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his days too.....

Quote:

It’s mind boggling how you’re not afraid of becoming homeless, being able to feed yourself or living with high crime due to people having lost their jobs and becoming desperate. Suicide, alcoholism, domestic violence and mental illness are all on the rise. You’re crazy if you think this is all worth it over a flu that while yes, spreads rapidly, does not kill otherwise healthy people.
Public health decisions are made by the concept of we're in this together. When people's individual choices cause public harm, then the government has to regulate.

Quote:

I am informed enough to know this isn't "a flu" and that it DOES kill perfectly healthy people, or disable them enough that it causes life long consequences. EVEN CHILDREN.

Anyone who doesn't know that, is mired in political fakery, not science.

I will say, I count my blessings that I am employed, and have remained employed during this entire pandemic. And I tip more generously than I would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 11:58 AM

1,034 posts, read 673,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Personally, I don't know why anyone would go to Sophie's and order a sandwich. Especially when you can have their chicken with that green sauce they make....

There is a Sophie's right down the block from my office. I worked there once since the pandemic started and they had some tables out on New Street. (No one should ever eat on New Street. It's so disgusting!)
Some people just want a sandwich ... and I think it’s terrific there. And cost much less than their $15 chicken and other dishes. Someone said $10, not sure what they are smoking.
One thing they did over the years is jack up prices thru the roof, perhaps due to cost of doing business.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:36 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
I think Spaniards from Spain would have a problem with that point of view. People from the Caribbean, SA, CA are Latin Americans, not Spaniards. Unless you want to call Americans, Canadians, Jamaicans, and a lot of other English speaking country etc "English." I'm sure the British Empire would love that expansion of their empire.
All you have to do is start a conversation between a Cuban and a Spaniard about how to make paella and you'll find out the difference.

Quote:
The death rate is closer to 3.5% rate. The lifelong debilitation rate is MUCH HIGHER. How come no one talks about that. Yes, people died of Polio too. But I'm sure FDR would have liked to not have been stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his days too.....

Public health decisions are made by the concept of we're in this together. When people's individual choices cause public harm, then the government has to regulate.

I am informed enough to know this isn't "a flu" and that it DOES kill perfectly healthy people, or disable them enough that it causes life long consequences. EVEN CHILDREN.

Anyone who doesn't know that, is mired in political fakery, not science.

I will say, I count my blessings that I am employed, and have remained employed during this entire pandemic. And I tip more generously than I would have.
At this point, when someone refers to COVID-19 as a flu, you know they are just saying that to get a reaction and then dancing like a palsied chicken around their computer desk slapping their thighs and crowing, "HAHAHAHA, I called it a flu, I called it a flu!"

Old 11-01-2020, 01:14 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
All you have to do is start a conversation between a Cuban and a Spaniard about how to make paella and you'll find out the difference.

At this point, when someone refers to COVID-19 as a flu, you know they are just saying that to get a reaction and then dancing like a palsied chicken around their computer desk slapping their thighs and crowing, "HAHAHAHA, I called it a flu, I called it a flu!"
You’re right! Having experienced low grade fever of 101 for three days and then feeling like running a marathon the next day is much better than the flu.

Old 11-01-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Some people just want a sandwich ... and I think it’s terrific there. And cost much less than their $15 chicken and other dishes. Someone said $10, not sure what they are smoking.
One thing they did over the years is jack up prices thru the roof, perhaps due to cost of doing business.
Perhaps... and that's a choice. But there are so many places in Fidi to get sandwiches. Lenwich comes to mind.

Old 11-01-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
You’re right! Having experienced low grade fever of 101 for three days and then feeling like running a marathon the next day is much better than the flu.
I had an experience and so therefore that is the experience of every single one of those other people who had it..... Forget about data, news stories, and statistics.

Did you actually have a test, and test positive, or do you think you had it? One has to wonder.

No, the Coronavirus Is Not Like the Flu

Data gathered by experts, have repeatedly said that the coronavirus poses a far more serious threat than influenza viruses. Based on data gathered thus far, most flu viruses are less deadly and less contagious than the coronavirus. And while flu vaccines and federally approved treatments for the flu exist, no such products have been fully cleared by governing bodies for use against the coronavirus.

Estimates from experts tend to put the coronavirus’s death rate higher than the flu’s.

Frequent encounters with past flu strains, in combination with effective vaccines, can also bolster the body’s defenses against new flu viruses. The coronavirus, however, has swept through a defenseless population of unprepared hosts at a dizzying rate.

Old 11-01-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I had an experience and so therefore that is the experience of every single one of those other people who had it..... Forget about data, news stories, and statistics.

Did you actually have a test, and test positive, or do you think you had it? One has to wonder.

No, the Coronavirus Is Not Like the Flu

Data gathered by experts, have repeatedly said that the coronavirus poses a far more serious threat than influenza viruses. Based on data gathered thus far, most flu viruses are less deadly and less contagious than the coronavirus. And while flu vaccines and federally approved treatments for the flu exist, no such products have been fully cleared by governing bodies for use against the coronavirus.

Estimates from experts tend to put the coronavirus’s death rate higher than the flu’s.

Frequent encounters with past flu strains, in combination with effective vaccines, can also bolster the body’s defenses against new flu viruses. The coronavirus, however, has swept through a defenseless population of unprepared hosts at a dizzying rate.
Taken from the New York Times - the biggest BS politically motivated toilet paper on record, like Gerald Celente says. And for your information, yes I had a blood test. I’m tired of posting about it.

All of the people who have died fell under three categories:

1. They had a pre existing health condition
2. They were killed by an inexperienced technician who blew out their lungs with a ventilator
3. They were a senior killed by Cuomo when he decided to send infected patients to the elderly (with obvious preexisting health conditions- see number 1)

Think about it: if these people were healthy, then their immune systems would have fought the COVID virus like the rest of the 99% of the people.

You said you like science? Okay, well the WHO just admitted that lockdowns should’ve been a last resort. It was not wise. There are more people who are sicker now from mental illness and other physical ailments than before.

https://www.****.com/who-now-warns-a...onomic-damage/

And what arrogance you show when you say you tip very well. Well, people are not in need of a freaking tip, they want full time work that actually pays for health insurance and other fringe benefits.

But I guess you’ll only care when you lose your financial footing and find yourself homeless.

Old 11-01-2020, 02:01 PM

I don’t know why the link was banned:

https://youtu.be/ya54y-HI7e4

Old 11-01-2020, 02:24 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Taken from the New York Times - the biggest BS politically motivated toilet paper on record, like Gerald Celente says. And for your information, yes I had a blood test. I’m tired of posting about it.

All of the people who have died fell under three categories:

1. They had a pre existing health condition
2. They were killed by an inexperienced technician who blew out their lungs with a ventilator
3. They were a senior killed by Cuomo when he decided to send infected patients to the elderly (with obvious preexisting health conditions- see number 1)

Think about it: if these people were healthy, then their immune systems would have fought the COVID virus like the rest of the 99% of the people.

You said you like science? Okay, well the WHO just admitted that lockdowns should’ve been a last resort. It was not wise. There are more people who are sicker now from mental illness and other physical ailments than before.

https://www.****.com/who-now-warns-a...onomic-damage/

And what arrogance you show when you say you tip very well. Well, people are not in need of a freaking tip, they want full time work that actually pays for health insurance and other fringe benefits.

But I guess you’ll only care when you lose your financial footing and find yourself homeless.
So if we opened up 100% and cases went back to the peak of more 5,000 a day in New York would that be acceptable to you or do you figure that if people die they probably did it too themselves by making poor lifestyle choices leading to a pre existing health conditions?

Old 11-01-2020, 04:42 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dyO...annel=VortexCZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: