Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 01:36 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times

Advertisements

Response: Opinion

Regardless what some folks think........history will show once we are all 6 ft. under....that Guiliani
will still go down as the only mayor in New York City History to drop crime by more than 45% during his tenure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2020, 01:42 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Some people here said he's the best leader NYC ever had.
He was a good mayor. I'll give you that. Bloomberg wasn't all that bad either. But, now.
He's nuttier than a fruitcake (Giuliani, not Bloomberg).

Old 11-07-2020, 02:27 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
I'm happy Biden won because now who will all the democrats blame how bad the country and problems of the united states on. They probably will still blame Trump, what was I thinking

Old 11-07-2020, 02:33 PM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I'm happy Biden won because now who will all the democrats blame how bad the country and problems of the united states on. They probably will still blame Trump, what was I thinking
When trump was doing good it was Obama's economy. When biden does bad itll be orange mans doing.

Old 11-07-2020, 02:35 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,097,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
This isn’t over until Trump concedes and that hasn’t happened. Media outlets declaring winners doesn’t make someone a president.
There's no rule that the lame duck President has to concede. Concession speeches are done as a courtesy to pass the torch to the Preaident elect. Votes are what matter and Biden won the vote of the majority of US voters. Both the popular vote and the electoral count.

Old 11-07-2020, 02:36 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
When trump was doing good it was Obama's economy. When biden does bad itll be orange mans doing.
Yah you're right. And I'm not a trump fan or supporter. But I'm just so sick of these politicians pointing fingers at each other and blaming each other. Fix our F-ing country, whoever you are. Work together. Stop dividing people and classes. That's all I care about.

Old 11-07-2020, 03:01 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
No, Harris is not that far to the left. When she was Attorney General in California, she put hundreds of gang members behind the bars, was generally tough on crime, and progressives in CA tend to hate her. She is very pro law & order.

There is nothing that any individual president, or his/her cabinet, can do without approval from the Congress. The upper house (aka the Senate), where each individual vote carries substantially more power than in the lower house, is GOP-controlled, guaranteeing that no bill can pass without at least about 20 GOP senators agreeing with it. Rest assured, zero number of them agree with AOC on anything :-). Even in the AOC"s lower house there are more GOP representatives now than during Trump.

On the contrary, I don't think the next four years will be interesting. If there are continued riots on a large scale, the government will have to re-establish law and order, which is the only major thing that may happen. Regarding everything else, a lot of proposed bills may be debated in the Congress, but next to nothing approved. That is honestly all I think is likely to happen.

Now that this is finally over, I hope the public attention rapidly shifts to the most important subject: the vaccine. I do hope Pfizer will publish favorable data in two weeks, and immediately ask for vaccine approval.
Why only Pfizer? You must have stock in them... There's GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Novavax and Sanofi among others. Roche is another one. It's nice to see all of the big names in Pharma working together overall.

Old 11-07-2020, 03:24 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
This isn’t over until Trump concedes and that hasn’t happened. Media outlets declaring winners doesn’t make someone a president.
He doesnt have to concede, but it would be the honorable thing to do. Its over. everyone loses at some point in life. A bigger dog always shows up to the yard.

Old 11-07-2020, 03:33 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Thanks to the Mods for allowing this totally political thread to stay here on the NYC forum on such a momentous day.

Old 11-07-2020, 03:36 PM

15,826 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Once Biden takes office, I'm going to be closely watching the US Covid death rate vs the same for the major western European countries. Right now we're mid-pack with them (better than Spain, Belgium, and UK, slightly behind Italy, further behind France and Germany.)

I bet nothing changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City