Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 04:18 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times

Advertisements

You like?

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...jFt1UhIhG5E5BQ

Coney Island's newest housing is shiny and sleek. Two 21-story oceanfront towers along the boardwalk on the west end of the neighborhood. With white furnishings and lush landscaping, the development has a Miami vibe, without the palm trees.

"Well, this is the Ocean Drive of Brooklyn right on Surf Avenue, where many Brooklynites have been. The boardwalk is beautiful,” said Red Apple Group CEO John Catsimatidis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2020, 04:26 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
I think it's nice. It's far enough away from the riff raff on the beach but it always means a hike to the train. Sure they have a trolley but what are the hours and how frequent.
It's near the projects, I'm not sure how those particular ones are. But to live there, in a larger apt on the beach is actually cheaper then the new high rises in the south bronx. I'd pick these.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:42 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
They are beautiful. And the ocean views are spectacular. But I'm not paying $2,000 for a one bedroom to live directly across the street from the projects. No way, no how.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:44 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
Love it.

I am not (yet) a New Yorker.

Please describe the Coney Island neighborhood and vibe.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:52 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
Quite glitzy but it's way at the end there though, right before Seagate...perhaps good for the beach, but if you don't have a car it's over a mile to the subway. Yeah, you'll have overpriced Gristede's there but almost no other neighborhood shopping or services. Had intended to go by there on a Labor Day excursion to CI and Brighton Beach but when I got to the pier and found it was just barely in view from there, I scrapped it.

Old 11-15-2020, 06:37 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
I would love to live there, except that all the one bedrooms seem to be facing either the city or the amusement park. I’d rather the ocean

Old 11-16-2020, 05:38 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Quite glitzy but it's way at the end there though, right before Seagate...perhaps good for the beach, but if you don't have a car it's over a mile to the subway. Yeah, you'll have overpriced Gristede's there but almost no other neighborhood shopping or services. Had intended to go by there on a Labor Day excursion to CI and Brighton Beach but when I got to the pier and found it was just barely in view from there, I scrapped it.
Not the end of the world. There are express buses to Manhattan and there is/was a ferry planned near there, so there are options.

Old 11-16-2020, 05:40 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Love it.

I am not (yet) a New Yorker.

Please describe the Coney Island neighborhood and vibe.
Lots of housing projects. The areas has been seeing new development over the last several years, and more of a cop presence to try to keep things calm. Sea Gate near by is a gated community. I would not live down there personally with all of the housing projects, but more power to them.

Old 11-16-2020, 06:58 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
They are beautiful. And the ocean views are spectacular. But I'm not paying $2,000 for a one bedroom to live directly across the street from the projects. No way, no how.

I'm sure the Ocean Drive buildings will have security systems but that won't keep it's residents from being robbed or having their cars broken into. Sad fact but true. I'm sure certain project residents are very 'happy' about their hard working more prosperous new neighbors moving in right across the street. Wait till summer..............

The X28 (downtown) and X38 (midtown) express buses serve the Ocean Drive complex, terminating one short block away. Very convenient. - https://new.mta.info/document/6916

The complex has an 'Attended parking garage' but I don't know if it's included in the monthly rent. Ocean Drive residents will drive everywhere and avoid the surrounding area if they are smart.
https://oceandrivenyc.com/amenities/

Old 11-16-2020, 07:09 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
Yeah, the express bus...been there and done that from Bay Ridge for years and I would not want to go back to needing to keep an eye on the clock if out at night (and it's worse on the Coney Island line, which is rush hour only during the week) to avoid a $50 cab ride, nor having a bursting bladder while being stuck in traffic on the Gowanus. And the ride from there is 75-90 mins when on schedule! No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: