Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 10:14 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

i say;

elderly then all women and children should be first in line. Healthy men should go last.

Can i hear a hear hear??? LOL..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 10:25 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
i say;

elderly then all women and children should be first in line. Healthy men should go last.

Can i hear a hear hear??? LOL..

Sure, that way I get the vaccine earlier. And it won't affect me if male population dies and gets disabled disproportionately, since I'm no longer interested in romance.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:06 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
People have to take two doses and the side effects are very unpleasant. (sick) That's what I read.
check out the video, watch to the end, 4 and half minutes

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/healt...ant/index.html

Old 12-05-2020, 11:08 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
a million percent, he's repeating the same script they've been feeding the public for months now

it contradicts reality, just like when they were saying masks were useless

Up until just two months ago Bill Gates was telling everyone no vaccine for 2-3 years, yet here we are 6 months later

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
The population of Massachusetts is about the same size as that of NYC. The official plan for vaccination in MA is to vaccinate in Dec-March: (first) healthcare workers, (second) people over 65, or younger with morbidities that put them at higher risk (like obesity, high blood pressure, etc), and (third) other essential workers. About half or more population over 18 is in these categories. The other half gets the vaccine in April-June. I assume the same would have been already drafted in NY/NYC if it had the same degree of law and order as MA.

BlakeJones, it's millions of people to distribute do, the process takes time even after the shipment has arrived

Old 12-05-2020, 12:37 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
I'll let everyone else take the vaccine next year, I'm waiting until 2022. I wanna see how effective it is or how many people get sick from it. Call me crazy but a 30,000 people in a control group monitored for a few months doesn't make me confident in the process or the vaccine.
I'm with you on that. Everyone may jump the line ahead of me. I'll just sit back & watch.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:35 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I'm with you on that. Everyone may jump the line ahead of me. I'll just sit back & watch.
For real. I know it's not like regular flu but Im like if im going to get sick anyway...lol. I see people get the flu shot and go through the symptoms while i get no flu shot and usually dont get flu.

I am curious to see how this plays out. I know A LOT of people who will not be getting this vaccine aa soon as they can gain access. Maythe lines won't be as chaotic as most think.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:58 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
My harvard grad of a doc never took the flu shot and doesnt recommend it. Hes pushing 70. His reasoning is the old saying of if it ain't broke dont fix it. I didnt ask him about this vaccine but something tells me he'll have the same response.

Almost a year into this thing and we either a) know very little about it or b) we aren't getting the full story. The cdc flip flops on a weekly basis to the direct opposite of what trump says. When it comes to science I'll admit I'm very ignorant. However, I understand the math very well. Weren't we supposed to be at 3million dead a couple months ago? We're at 250k and we all know the numbers are bs.

Im 42, never had a flu shot. Not planning for this vaccine for me or any of my family. Vaccines take years and years of testing and perfecting.
This orchestrated global reaction is just too suspicious to me. And so it the vaccine.

Old 12-06-2020, 01:43 AM

3,139 posts, read 2,733,403 times
I understand and respect people's having safety concerns given the speed of development, but, man, the "I want to be free to pass on an illness that kills people, because FREEDOM" attitude is going to be an EXCELLENT filter going forward for people not to have anything to do with.

Old 12-06-2020, 01:44 AM

3,139 posts, read 2,733,403 times
"Weren't we supposed to be at 3million dead a couple months ago? We're at 250k and we all know the numbers are bs."

The millions-dead estimate was if everyone took literally no mitigation steps at all. I truly don't understand how some of you manage to successfully navigate a NYC street.

Old 12-06-2020, 04:26 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
"Weren't we supposed to be at 3million dead a couple months ago? We're at 250k and we all know the numbers are bs."

The millions-dead estimate was if everyone took literally no mitigation steps at all. I truly don't understand how some of you manage to successfully navigate a NYC street.
Response: Opinion

Trust me .......they don't.............that's why the speed limit was dropped down to 25mph...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City