Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2020, 01:04 AM

22 posts, read 17,587 times

Advertisements

I was told today by an artitect that if I have a 3x3ft window, I can install a bathroom with a shower in my 4 family house. is thise true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 05:12 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Response: Opinion

There must have been more said attached to that 3X3ft window, above grade,below grade,egress,
etc.and architects knows the codes quite well. The city is not to fond of illegal basement apartments.
Fines can be high.....10's of thousands not including the cost of ripping up all that hard work.

I know of quick disconnect... roll away showers ( non permanent structures ) and some of
them are quite beautiful. Worth looking into the legalities. No one wants to draw the attention
of inspectors and their mighty red pens by questionable installations.

Best wishes....

Old 12-23-2020, 10:54 PM

22 posts, read 17,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Opinion

There must have been more said attached to that 3X3ft window, above grade,below grade,egress,
etc.and architects knows the codes quite well. The city is not to fond of illegal basement apartments.
Fines can be high.....10's of thousands not including the cost of ripping up all that hard work.

I know of quick disconnect... roll away showers ( non permanent structures ) and some of
them are quite beautiful. Worth looking into the legalities. No one wants to draw the attention
of inspectors and their mighty red pens by questionable installations.

Best wishes....
But I dont see anywhere that says you can have a full shower in a 4 family even if it meets all criteria, you have source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City