Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 09:27 PM

5,618 posts, read 2,568,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
He is a cult leader and he showed you. Cuomo no. I get the fact that you don’t wanna wear a mask and wash your hands but the man saved your life
What the F you talking about...I wash my hands and wear a mask.
You go ahead and keep being lead to the slaughter by Cuomo, when he kills people you care about remember what a great man you think he is.
You so brain washed you don't even know. See what a great cult leader he is.

Anyway back to the topic of this thread. You wanna talk politics there is a forum for that. I'm sure there are plenty of flag waving Cuomo forums for you to chat on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 09:57 PM

3,700 posts, read 3,431,013 times
Trump lives in his head rent free 24/7

He cannot avoid talking about him. He has been radicalized by the media.

Back on Topic. Cuomo is a horrible Governor who speaks well but bankrupted our state and killed many with his orders to send covid patients back to Nursing Homes.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:54 PM

2,450 posts, read 966,816 times
Once this bill is exhausted they will have to pass another one by late March/early April. Most of 2022, of not all of it, is already shot.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:19 PM

31,745 posts, read 26,706,619 times
Here's what's going to happen; Schumer, and NY elected democrats will spend the next several months trying to shovel money out of US treasury to New York State and or its local governments. OTOH Mitch McConnell and GOP are going to do everything they can to prevent this from happening.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Here's what's going to happen; Schumer, and NY elected democrats will spend the next several months trying to shovel money out of US treasury to New York State and or its local governments. OTOH Mitch McConnell and GOP are going to do everything they can to prevent this from happening.
I agree

Old 01-11-2021, 03:38 PM

6,335 posts, read 3,060,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I agree
Me too. The frustration, for most of us NY residents, is that we've operated our own households responsibly, and are not in debt. Is it too much to ask for the state (and feds, for that matter) to do the same??

Old 01-11-2021, 03:44 PM

1,399 posts, read 887,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

I predict two years of the democrats doing absolutely nothing all the while continuing to have trumps wee wee down their throat. Two years later, and they're going to really start eating one another.

Old 01-14-2021, 06:35 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,663,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
  • More than $6.5 billion in Enhanced Unemployment Compensation for state residents, including a $300 weekly supplement
  • $9 billion in direct cash payments to state residents, including $600 for individuals earning up to $75,000, $1,200 for couples making less than $150,000 and an additional $600 per child
  • $260 million in FEMA funeral assistance funding for state residents
  • $5.8 billion from the Education Stabilization Fund for the state
  • $4 billion in emergency transit relief for the MTA
  • $42.7 milion for John F. Kennedy airport and $22 million for LaGuardia airport
  • $810 million in vaccine, testing and tracing funding for New York City ($135 million for vaccine distribution and $675 million for testing, tracing, isolation support and mitigation)
  • $251 million in emergency rental assistance for New York City in addition to the extension of the federal eviction moratorium until Jan. 31, 2021
  • $465 million in Child Care Development Block Grants for the state
  • $1 billion in FEMA disaster relief funding
  • $1 billion for the state’s hospitals and health care centers
  • More than $20 billion from Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program for the state, with New York getting the lion’s share of the $15 billion allocated nationally for the Save Our Stages program benefiting Broadway and other entertainment venues
WTF is "Education Stabilization" ?

Old 01-14-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Me too. The frustration, for most of us NY residents, is that we've operated our own households responsibly, and are not in debt. Is it too much to ask for the state (and feds, for that matter) to do the same??
Exactly I've been financially independent since I was 18, I have never missed paying a bill and have never had any debt. But for the politicians I guess know they have someone to bail them out versus I don't.
I've always been very proud of handling my money but perhaps I should've learned from the politicians...Cry and beg for help.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:16 PM

644 posts, read 305,274 times
So, this just happened: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ism-story.html apparently this has thrown a monkey wrench into NYC's budget projections (but this time, a good one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City