Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 01:41 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Yes, that is exactly being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Still, statistically you are a hell of a lot more likely to die in a car accident in the burbs than get randomly shot in the city. People are such wimps. “Oh no! Someone got attacked the other day in a city of 8million people! It’s like the 70s all over!”. Lol. Wrong!
You are even less likely to be shot by the police but yet I know you Leftists wouldn’t trivialize that like you want everyone to do with street crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 03:06 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,748,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You are even less likely to be shot by the police but yet I know you Leftists wouldn’t trivialize that like you want everyone to do with street crime.
Back to politics again? Don’t you have anything better to do than worry about left and right, blah blah blah? I happen to be a moderate. I lean left with social issues such as abortion and right with economic issues. I truly feel bad for you far right and far left wing nut jobs always so angry. Life is short. Get a hobby.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:01 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
I always lol at people saying we are going back to the bad days of the 70s, etc. Crime is still WAY down from the old days. We are still, by far, the safest large city in the country.

Don’t be such wimps. Watch your back and don’t stand on the edge of the subway platform. Use your street smarts. This lady was at the wrong place at the wrong time. But the odds are you’ll be just fine.
Safest city is when you look at the overall stats. NYC's crime stat greatly varies depends on where and who you are. If you are older women you are likely to be assaulted, robbed, and even raped. If you are a white male including hispanics 40-60 you are more than likely to be assaulted, robbed. If you are a black male 10-30 you are more likely to be shot and killed by gunfire than any other race. So this all depends which stat applies to you.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:30 PM

1,464 posts, read 755,856 times
Quote:
Back to politics again? Don’t you have anything better to do than worry about left and right, blah blah blah? I happen to be a moderate. I lean left with social issues such as abortion and right with economic issues. I truly feel bad for you far right and far left wing nut jobs always so angry. Life is short. Get a hobby.
I feel like he made a fair point based on percentages. Just like your point referenced and was a fair point. Except you said his point is political.

I’m sure you’ll say he called you a leftist and assumed. But you did state you lean left with social issues.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Safest city is when you look at the overall stats. NYC's crime stat greatly varies depends on where and who you are. If you are older women you are likely to be assaulted, robbed, and even raped. If you are a white male including hispanics 40-60 you are more than likely to be assaulted, robbed. If you are a black male 10-30 you are more likely to be shot and killed by gunfire than any other race. So this all depends which stat applies to you.
This is besides the point. I specifically mentioned the city as a whole. I read posts here saying "the city is going back to the 70s", they also are not calling out specific neighborhoods and backgrounds. Lets get real here.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
I feel like he made a fair point based on percentages. Just like your point referenced and was a fair point. Except you said his point is political.

I’m sure you’ll say he called you a leftist and assumed. But you did state you lean left with social issues.
I stated I'm a moderate. I lean left when it comes to social issues like abortion. I don't give a crap if you abort your child that will likely end up on food stamps or in a gang. I lean right when it comes to economic issues. I like low taxes and less regulation. He tried to call me a "leftist" and he was wrong.

Old 12-26-2020, 06:42 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Exactly. Just like that cop who was an obvious murderer to George Floyd but there is no evidence the guy was a an actual racist. Why was it automatically assumed he was, I do wonder.

Because he strangled a black man. I take that as strong evidence of racism.
What do you consider as evidence of racism if not murder? Torture, cannibalism?

Old 12-26-2020, 08:48 AM

2,450 posts, read 971,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/12/24/cuomo-...om-nyc-attack/

For those who wanted to visit this holiday season.
Wear a helmet please.
in the near 11 years of Cuomo's administration has had 3 of their staffers attacked, one of them was shot and killed. That seems unprecedented.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:55 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I tried to explain to some liberal women but they're just too brainwashed to understand what liberals are doing the last few years erased nearly decades of racial improvements in this country.

More laws implemented to help minorities push by liberals has had both a positive and negative effect. Now they just want full on privilege and not equality anymore.

Anybody knows these unprovoked attacks are racially motivated and the criminals themselves know they can game the system because so many advantages are given to them by the liberals the last few years to let them get away with it.

How many times we let criminals get away because the skin of their color these days. It fuels more racism.
Excellent post.

Old 12-26-2020, 09:00 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Because he strangled a black man. I take that as strong evidence of racism.
What do you consider as evidence of racism if not murder? Torture, cannibalism?
Prove that he wouldn't have done the same if the guy was white.
Or provide the tape where he mentioned Floyd's race as evidence of his racist motivation.

According to your logic, every crime committed by one race against another is racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City