Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 11:45 AM

15,844 posts, read 14,479,382 times

Advertisements

I try to avoid it, but it does happen sometimes. Depends how drippy the food it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
So you’re saying that when you eat you get food all over yourself? That’s weird. I can’t remember th last time I spilled food on myself. What are you eating, man!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 11:46 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Ah, dang. We went to Hou Yi in Chinatown. Oh well, would have made a funny city-data story haha. I'm guessing you went to Spice World, but there's quite a few over there.
Aww...nuts. That would've been funny if we were actually at the same place but we went to HaiDiLao. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend. The food, service and set up is fantastic (toasty & warm). We were a big group (there were 12 of us), so they split us up (max 4 per table) but they had it so the tables were at least in close proximity to each other.

It was a fun night out. Hope you guys had a good time at Hou Yi! Haven't been to Chinatown at all since last year. lol.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:43 PM

Two updates:

Along with outdoor dining comes outdoor drinking. Some of the bars were hopping with outside drinking, same as they were when the outdoor scene fired up in the summer. Down 3rd Ave and up 2nd in the 80's a few bars were doing good business.

Also, some of the outdoor dining corrals are starting to look like real buildings, complete with doors and windows on all sides.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:58 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Two updates:

Along with outdoor dining comes outdoor drinking. Some of the bars were hopping with outside drinking, same as they were when the outdoor scene fired up in the summer. Down 3rd Ave and up 2nd in the 80's a few bars were doing good business.

Also, some of the outdoor dining corrals are starting to look like real buildings, complete with doors and windows on all sides.
Haha yup....kinda makes you question if it's really "outdoor" dining lol

Was by the Mark Hotel a few days ago and the set up they had for dining looked like they just built another building on the sidewalk lol

Old 01-09-2021, 04:29 PM

5,679 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
Two updates:

Do you know if they have tv's placed outside or near the windows so people out door dining can see?

Old 01-09-2021, 05:37 PM

I've seen them on the outside wall (being removed when the bar closes), and I've seen them in the dining corrals (maybe I should call them outdoor dining rooms now) themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Do you know if they have tv's placed outside or near the windows so people out door dining can see?

Old 01-09-2021, 06:06 PM

5,679 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
I've seen them on the outside wall (being removed when the bar closes), and I've seen them in the dining corrals (maybe I should call them outdoor dining rooms now) themselves.
Oh thank you. Perhaps I can make plans to see the games next weekend.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:22 AM

Finding a place? Likely. Finding a seat? May be not so easy. A couple of places I saw today were as pacted as they could allow and then some. Capacity is way down from the good old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Oh thank you. Perhaps I can make plans to see the games next weekend.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:41 AM

I knew it would come to this. Low to mid 20's and eating outside. Strangely, not as bad as one might think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City