Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 06:31 PM

360 posts, read 165,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Why would they do that? They need to keep feeding BLM supporters and keep chasing out the well to do. You seen every liberal talk of supporting BLM and then gun violence erupted. BLM supporters deserve a piece of their own medicine. Soon all the jobs disappear from the area they will be out destroying more BMWs and beating every white person up on the street. It's always the white cop or man's fault for their own problems.
To see a story where BLM has won - look no further than Baltimore.
Black Mayor. Black Police Chief. Black Congressman. All Democrats of course. What exactly have they done for the city aside from drive all other minorities away from it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 06:49 PM

493 posts, read 190,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Why didn't the good ones stop the bad ones? Why didn't the good ones turn in their friends?
Good ones???

Old 12-30-2020, 07:04 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,591,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingofconn View Post
To see a story where BLM has won - look no further than Baltimore.
Black Mayor. Black Police Chief. Black Congressman. All Democrats of course. What exactly have they done for the city aside from drive all other minorities away from it?
Well, the fun part will begin when Biden takes over as POTUS. Now the liberals have no Trump to blame on.

Look at the 8 years that Obama was president, it didn't improve anything. In fact a lot of cops killed black people and Obama didn't do anything. He said Travon Martin could've been his son that was about as much he did for blacks in that case.

BLM has put the handcuffs on the police so the criminals are now free to do whatever they want.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:30 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,944,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Thanks Bill, Cy Vance, City Council.
Doing one hell of a job.

The video and others like it were all reposted by Dr. Daniel J. Winarick, a city resident.
Winarick tweeted, “Driver was driving home after donating to AIDs charity. Driver is my dear friend.”
Judging by his timeline, Winarick is a fairly typical New York progressive in good standing.
The victim bills himself as “NYC_Kid” on Twitter. His sparse timeline consists mostly of Trump Derangement Syndrome material and links to Biden-Harris puff pieces.
Insanity Wrap doesn’t feel at all out on a limb concluding that both men are Bill De Blasio voters, or at least supporters.
Perhaps getting mugged by reality will cause these two gentlemen to reassess their political priorities, but Insanity Wrap isn’t getting our hopes up.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2020...ckets-n1292379
That AID charity donation virtue signaling won't make a difference on the streets of New York. OP, these "gentlemen" won't learn their lesson as it furthers the agenda. I am not surprised this occurred, I'm glad that no one was hurt.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:30 PM

593 posts, read 468,039 times
I'm worried that the NYPD have been so undermined that they are now unable to do their jobs.

Over the summer, 472 NYPD officers were injured in violent protests. I recall seeing a video of one officer on the ground being beaten and apparently afraid to use his weapons in self defense.

What happens if a perp resists arrest or assaults a police officer while being arrested? The arresting officer will rightfully be concerned that responding with force carries the risk of ruining his life or landing him in prison.

Why would an officer want to take the risk knowing that local officials might dismiss the charges or give the offender only a slap on the wrist?

Until this problem is worked out, I believe police officers will look to not get involved and will primarily serve as a reactive force, showing up after crimes have been committed to take statements and fill out the paperwork.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:34 PM

33,816 posts, read 47,033,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
I'm worried that the NYPD have been so undermined that they are now unable to do their jobs.

Over the summer, 472 NYPD officers were injured in violent protests. I recall seeing a video of one officer on the ground being beaten and apparently afraid to use his weapons in self defense.

What happens if a perp resists arrest or assaults a police officer while being arrested? The arresting officer will rightfully be concerned that responding with force carries the risk of ruining his life or landing him in prison.

Why would an officer want to take the risk knowing that local officials might dismiss the charges or give the offender only a slap on the wrist?

Until this problem is worked out, I believe police officers will look to not get involved and will primarily serve as a reactive force, showing up after crimes have been committed to take statements and fill out the paperwork.
Elementary my dear Watson

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-30-2020, 08:55 PM

12,751 posts, read 8,213,616 times
Bunch of brats. I was in the City a few weeks ago crossing the street and a pack of these punks came down 6th Avenue, practically stopping traffic doing so. They have no respect whatsoever. Think they control everything. They need a good beating with the old leather belt.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:59 PM

3,696 posts, read 3,426,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Bunch of brats. I was in the City a few weeks ago crossing the street and a pack of these punks came down 6th Avenue, practically stopping traffic doing so. They have no respect whatsoever. Think they control everything. They need a good beating with the old leather belt.
Pretty amazing what happens when there are no consequences huh? Seems to embolden people with criminal tendencies. Maybe someone should tell people in charge?

Old 12-30-2020, 09:03 PM

593 posts, read 468,039 times
I can only imagine the terror the people in the car were experiencing.

In addition to undermining the NYPD, the powers that be have undermined the right to self defense. If someone defends himself with force, he might be the one to go to prison, and the perps go free.

The people in the car were completely within their rights to drive away to defend their own lives, possibly running over some of the attackers in the process. Given our politicized justice system, they were probably (rightfully) afraid to do so, so they had to sit there and take it.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:05 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,656,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
What provoked the morons to attack the car?
The driver's crying mom in the passenger seat was apparently breathing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City