Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 10:46 AM

1,422 posts, read 725,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Why isn't this a NYC hate crime? All the perps were of Black and Hispanic origin and the victims were white.
You answered your own question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 11:04 AM

588 posts, read 947,559 times
Thug city. One 15 year old was arrested, probably out already.

Last edited by proroc; 12-31-2020 at 11:27 AM..

Old 12-31-2020, 11:06 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
So here we go saying it’s DeBlasios fault and while that is true in most cases, the people who are most at fault are the parents! Whatever happened to a good ol fashioned belt beating and instilling fear of both parents (who should actually be around to care where their kids are).

The parents of those kids will be the ones complaining that the city is failing because their kids can’t read 4th grade level. Or that some person shot them, or some cop was racist towards them. If they’re not home studying and taking up a skill, and learning self discipline, they’re going to fail. Put some dam curfews on those kids! Learn how to parent or don’t have kids!

If I were mayor, I’d fine the parents of school aged children $250 bucks for every school night a kid is out loitering or hanging out after 6pm. With all of these irresponsible parents, I’m pretty sure the NYC budget can be partly fixed!
Curfew? Hmm. What ages are you proposing?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-31-2020, 11:52 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If I was mayor I would straight up offer cash incentives for good grades.

Also discounts on property taxes based on your kid's efforts.
LOL I want some of that good stuff you've been smoking. When did we as kids get such incentives for good grades? I'm sure you're not that old either, so you remember those times. These kids are spoiled brats. Nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
I believe what he means is, nobody ever raised the suspicion of it being a hate crime, but in an opposite situation, had the driver and his mother been, say, black and the bicycle gang white, the hate crime investigation would’ve been put on the table on the spot and the News would’ve stressed “white bicycle gang” or “black man attacked by white teens” in the headlines, and in this case, the driver being white it would never come to their mind that it could’ve been a racially charged attack... at least that’s how I understand it.
I'm always happy to explore racism if that's the case, regardless of who the victims are. I think this was a case of these kids thinking that they own the streets, and how DARE anyone disturb them. They want to do what they want, and that's that.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:19 PM

11,636 posts, read 12,706,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If I was mayor I would straight up offer cash incentives for good grades.

Also discounts on property taxes based on your kid's efforts.
Don't you remember? Bloomberg tried that. Cash for parents and cash for kids. That program silently disappeared.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:48 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
Because money is the only thing we are told to glorify.

Actually, most people, especially most young people, would rather be famous than rich. Polls have long confirmed this.

Sure, Americans love money. But more than anything, Americans want to be famous. To have a million followers on social media. Or their own reality TV show. Or whatever.

Look at all the sluts who strip on Instagram. Of the thugs who film and upload their crimes on Facebook.

Fame is the new money.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LOL I want some of that good stuff you've been smoking. When did we as kids get such incentives for good grades? I'm sure you're not that old either, so you remember those times. These kids are spoiled brats. Nothing more.
Times change bro. Money is the only thing people respect nowadays.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Don't you remember? Bloomberg tried that. Cash for parents and cash for kids. That program silently disappeared.
I actually dont remember. Link?

Old 12-31-2020, 01:50 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
he shoulda mowed em all down

Old 12-31-2020, 01:55 PM

1,399 posts, read 891,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Look at all the sluts who strip on Instagram. Of the thugs who film and upload their crimes on Facebook.

Fame is the new money.
Fame is money. Fame doesnt pay the bills, money does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City