Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 09:00 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Wow. They won't prosecute violent crimes by perps arrested on the spot (even when against cops), but they're going to cross the country to get this lady.

Well, we know where the priorities are...
I'm almost at a loss of words.

Liberals have no problem letting criminals loose, but it appears the liberal left is now running the country.

If a California Judge allows her to be extradited to NY, then all is lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 10:39 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
This story gets better by the minute... https://abc7ny.com/9389261/?ex_cid=T...sQzA0sMBxESVOY

Now they're saying that the NYPD will travel to California to find this nutcase.
My, God. She's become America's Most Wanted. Who's paying for this?

Old 01-06-2021, 02:46 PM

5,678 posts, read 2,610,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
This story gets better by the minute... https://abc7ny.com/9389261/?ex_cid=T...sQzA0sMBxESVOY

Now they're saying that the NYPD will travel to California to find this nutcase.
People are shot, raped, and victims to violet crimes in NYC and they don't do anything.
But for this they will fly cross country

Don't get me wrong, her actions and behavior was unacceptable but of all the criminals to track down....

Old 01-06-2021, 02:53 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
People are shot, raped, and victims to violet crimes in NYC and they don't do anything.
But for this they will fly cross country

Don't get me wrong, her actions and behavior was unacceptable but of all the criminals to track down....
I don't care, they should also hit her with endangering the welfare of a child.

Imagine if that was your son she did that to, you would want her on the first red-eye back to Rikers yourself.

An adult putting their hand on any of my kids - unacceptable.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-06-2021, 03:01 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Imagine if that was your son she did that to, you would want her on the first red-eye back to Rikers yourself.

But many will agree. But extradited for assault misdemeanor (unless they charge higher) would never happen under normal circumstances. Also with the police being defunded by a billion does the city have this in the budget ?

With covid so bad and dangerous why send the cops now? They have to quarantine for 3 days upon coming back to New York. But since this is essential work they can disregard ?

What if when they get there for questioning her she says “lawyer†and this trip was a waste of time.

Protestors want California police to take her into custody? She’s not even wanted for a crime yet officially according to the abc article.

Like I said before with Andy’s new laws nypd going to fly her back to give her a ticket. And she’ll fly right back that day.

Old 01-06-2021, 03:52 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:

I agree, but in my case, the cops wouldn't be flying across the country if this was done against my kids.

Take that as you may, but you know it's the truth.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-06-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I agree, but in my case, the cops wouldn't be flying across the country if this was done against my kids.

Take that as you may, but you know it's the truth.
You really don't think so? Especially your kids? I see what you're getting at, but not you personally. I'd be naive as hell to think some sides of the coin are not played at times. But I know we can both agree that any minor should not have been subjected to that.

A guy got shot and killed around my way over the summer and they just caught the guy in FL. I guess we only fly out for felonies?

Old 01-06-2021, 05:09 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,081 times
Quote:
You really don't think so? Especially your kids? I see what you're getting at, but not you personally. I'd be naive as hell to think some sides of the coin are not played at times. But I know we can both agree that any minor should not have been subjected to that.

A guy got shot and killed around my way over the summer and they just caught the guy in FL. I guess we only fly out for felonies?
https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...n-process.html

Yea pretty much it seems only felonies. Many alleged criminals can fight extradition. Many laws people forget about. Alleged Criminals have many many rights.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...n-process.html

Yea pretty much it seems only felonies. Many alleged criminals can fight extradition. Many laws people forget about. Alleged Criminals have many many rights.
Thanks for the link.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:48 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Mainly felonies, but definitely not for something like this but for it being propelled into the stratosphere by the media.

Of course she's wrong, like I said right away. But we have laws and procedures that seem to only be followed when politically acceptable to our overlords. In this case, all stops will be pulled out. In the example of me and mine? Absolutely not.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City