Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 06:59 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,944,967 times

Advertisements

The one on Staten Island seemed like a win for us from what I saw.

Look, there's nothing to complain about anymore. They hate cops. They came after cops. Cops backed off. Crime went up.

For the most part, it's the people who hate cops being affected by this. So, WHO CARES? Ye reap what you sow. People who are intelligent adjust their routines to avoid or mitigate crime. People who aren't or have no other options become victims. Don't waste time worrying about them. Focus on being the former.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-18-2021, 07:28 AM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
^ how do you become a victim when you already are one?

Old 01-18-2021, 07:29 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,399,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
BLM, remember that.
Gave you reps. BLM did nothing but enable criminals.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:29 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
I think BLM movement is the biggest joke, it's a complete mockery of what MLK stood for. If you support BLM and ignored all the people that died due to the movement you've got blood stains on your hand. It has caused more division than good. That is not what MLK believes in.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:39 AM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think BLM movement is the biggest joke, it's a complete mockery of what MLK stood for. If you support BLM and ignored all the people that died due to the movement you've got blood stains on your hand. It has caused more division than good. That is not what MLK believes in.
BLM is a leftist political group. They did their job very effectively, I might add, and disappeared. Have a couple of neighbors who worked our summers "peaceful protests" for different agencies. They all said the same thing: the protest part was 99% whites and the looting and rioting was 99% blacks. BLM is an excuse for blacks to commit crime and an excuse for whites to virtue signal their white guilt. BLM is nothing more than an excuse.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:47 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
BLM is a leftist political group. They did their job very effectively, I might add, and disappeared. Have a couple of neighbors who worked our summers "peaceful protests" for different agencies. They all said the same thing: the protest part was 99% whites and the looting and rioting was 99% blacks. BLM is an excuse for blacks to commit crime and an excuse for whites to virtue signal their white guilt. BLM is nothing more than an excuse.
I "second" the experience of your friends. I wish we could've mowed down the white portion of the BLM movement. They're worse excuses for human beings than even the criminals who came out after midnight.

Not to mention, it was the after midnight people who helped me rack up the consecutive 17+ hour days that are now paying me for life!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-18-2021, 09:07 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,747,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Meh.....,if they are drug or gang related events and not normal law abiding citizens,let’s see that number go higher and thin the herd
The only problem with that though is if you are an upstanding ghetto dweller you may catch a bullet. And I’ve seen enough of them to know.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:10 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Meh.....,if they are drug or gang related events and not normal law abiding citizens,let’s see that number go higher and thin the herd
I'm with mathjak

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-18-2021, 12:23 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
What is issue with rising crime? For NYC, that's a good thing. Hopefully these what-is-gender testosteroneless men and cant-cook-all-botox women can finally go back to wherever they came from.

Thank goodness for the crime, maybe NYC can be what it was again. Hood & Honest. I miss the old days when I was called "Snowflake" in elementary school. Life was more real back then, not this **** crap today.
lol It's a problem when even the nice areas look like a ghetto.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:45 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The one on Staten Island seemed like a win for us from what I saw.

Look, there's nothing to complain about anymore. They hate cops. They came after cops. Cops backed off. Crime went up.

For the most part, it's the people who hate cops being affected by this. So, WHO CARES? Ye reap what you sow. People who are intelligent adjust their routines to avoid or mitigate crime. People who aren't or have no other options become victims. Don't waste time worrying about them. Focus on being the former.
I agree, the ones screaming for the police force to be defunded and stand down are becoming victims themselves now too. Some people still going to work cannot adjust the routines though. Im one of those people, traveling at more dangerous times like pre-dawn and around midnight. Seeing other people wandering the dark at that time is nerve wracking now.

In my case its cell phone away, head on a swivel. Ibe had no real trouble so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City