U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 11:23 AM

4,734 posts, read 2,653,758 times

Advertisements

I just fail to understand why places Upstate are allowed to operate at 50%, when NYC has lower Covid rates. The Bronx, and Manhattan...arent they not even in orange but still closed? How is it Staten sued and NYC still wasn't included in any reopening? I'm so confused by the the most recent decision.

And isn't Covid flattening out in NYC?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 11:27 AM

2,503 posts, read 1,063,596 times
Ask yourself this. How is sitting outside for 20-40 people in a closed tent any safer than sitting inside?

Its meant to destroy economy and ruin lives. Also its there to show that government has control over people and make decisions for you, whats good or bad for you.

Old 01-19-2021, 11:44 AM

5,449 posts, read 2,129,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I just fail to understand why places Upstate are allowed to operate at 50%, when NYC has lower Covid rates. The Bronx, and Manhattan...arent they not even in orange but still closed? How is it Staten sued and NYC still wasn't included in any reopening? I'm so confused by the the most recent decision.

And isn't Covid flattening out in NYC?
regulations are influenced by population density and size a policy error has much bigger consequences
Look up any place in New York on Wikipedia. Then at right in the info box look at population size and density
They are trying to prevent another California

Also see current stats, COVID has been on the rise in NYC since October

https://gothamist.com/news/coronavir...demic-new-york

Old 01-19-2021, 11:46 AM

1,446 posts, read 824,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Ask yourself this. How is sitting outside for 20-40 people in a closed tent any safer than sitting inside?

Its meant to destroy economy and ruin lives. Also its there to show that government has control over people and make decisions for you, whats good or bad for you.
We're in NYC for the next few months for my job, and we've seen some very creative "outdoor" spaces so far lol. Some are fully enclosed structures with doors to enter, but I guess because they're placed on the sidewalk/street, they're deemed safe from COVID . I don't blame the businesses for coming up with these solutions; the policies are a complete joke. Add on to that the "gotta buy food with your beer" nonsense, we have seen multiple places specifically offering what is labeled as "Cuomo Snacks" or a "Cuomo Menu".

Old 01-19-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
If a tent is open on one side is it safer than being inside?

I need a yes or no on this, thanks

Old 01-19-2021, 11:56 AM

2,503 posts, read 1,063,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

Ive seen many tents outside that are closed in with a door goin in. And no, there was no air purifier attached to it, no special filtration. Basically restaurants just doing whatever possible to play along with the governor and mayor to stay open.

Old 01-19-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Ive seen many tents outside that are closed in with a door goin in. And no, there was no air purifier attached to it, no special filtration. Basically restaurants just doing whatever possible to play along with the governor and mayor to stay open.

I need a yes or no please, thanks

Old 01-19-2021, 12:13 PM

1,446 posts, read 824,341 times
Quote:

I need a yes or no please, thanks
Of course it would be safer.

The hypocrisy lies in the fact that fully enclosed tents/sheds (which are allowed right now) are considered "safe" by policy-makers, but dining/drinking indoors even with a window/door open is not.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:21 PM

11,644 posts, read 11,046,640 times
Quote:
It's more than tents.

There are many MANY fully enclosed wooden structures. Some that separate the diners, some that don't.

These restaurants spent tens of thousands of dollars to try to desperately keep their restaurants going and their employees, employed.

And I don't blame them one bit.

Last edited by Chuckity; 01-19-2021 at 01:47 PM..

Old 01-19-2021, 01:45 PM

15,236 posts, read 10,816,721 times
Quote:

I laugh at the people who answer your questions, written as if you're some kind of authority figure.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>