Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 08:27 AM

33,318 posts, read 46,766,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
My experience says otherwise. Native blacks are lazy victims, non native blacks love this country and work hard. One group are my friends and the other isnt.
MLK Jr included in that?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 08:43 AM

8,839 posts, read 5,869,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’d truly like a citation for that statement. Not saying you’re wrong, but I can’t find anything besides a white power website.
While I know that anecdote is not the plural of datum, if you scoot about the C-D state and locale threads, there are many that ask for neighborhoods that are black, or have a sizeable Jewish population, or Indian, or Chinese, or ???

People generally want to live in areas that are culturally comfortable. Unless you're Jackie Robinson, you are not going out of your way to be the sole [insert religion, race, or ethnicity here] in your area. You want food generally associated with your background. You generally want to pray with your co-religionists.

You want a church that sings your hymns; you want restaurants that serve your food; you want people who celebrate the same holidays.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:47 AM

1,399 posts, read 881,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
MLK Jr included in that?
I wouldnt call him lazy but since you're picking needles outta a haystack I'll double down and say sure hes lazy.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I wouldnt call him lazy but since you're picking needles outta a haystack I'll double down and say sure hes lazy.
"United" States of America, yeah right

Old 01-22-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
While I know that anecdote is not the plural of datum, if you scoot about the C-D state and locale threads, there are many that ask for neighborhoods that are black, or have a sizeable Jewish population, or Indian, or Chinese, or ???

People generally want to live in areas that are culturally comfortable. Unless you're Jackie Robinson, you are not going out of your way to be the sole [insert religion, race, or ethnicity here] in your area. You want food generally associated with your background. You generally want to pray with your co-religionists.

You want a church that sings your hymns; you want restaurants that serve your food; you want people who celebrate the same holidays.
"United" States of America, we need to start putting the United in quotes then.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:34 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,683,464 times
Quote:
My experience says otherwise. Native blacks are lazy victims, non native blacks love this country and work hard. One group are my friends and the other isnt.
what about native born Puerto Ricans?

Old 01-22-2021, 09:34 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,114,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
NYC used to be heavily ethnically segregated as recently as the early 2K's.

However, I'd venture to say that the segregation is more socio-economic in nature nowadays. Coincidentally (or not) socio-economic status is correlated with ethnicity to a large degree so take from that what you will.

Chinese-Americans buy homes in many Italian-Americans neighborhoods because of shared middle-class social values. Both groups are sort of insular and like quiet safe neighborhoods, and like their privacy. Italian-Americans and Chinese Americans have lived near each other in NYC for over 100 years without incident.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:56 AM

1,399 posts, read 881,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
what about native born Puerto Ricans?
What about them?

Old 01-22-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
would you say the same thing about native born Puerto Ricans or certain native born Hispanics?

Old 01-22-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
How long has this difference between the native blacks and non-native blacks been going on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City