Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Eat Out (Or Order In) As Opposed to Cooking At Home?
I mostly eat out or order in 12 26.67%
I mostly cook at home 33 73.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 10:57 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
This forum has a lot of homebody types though.
older people have more time on their hands,and they know how to cook and they want to save money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 03:22 AM

5,666 posts, read 2,608,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
older people have more time on their hands,and they know how to cook and they want to save money
That's no true of anyone I know. All the "older" people I know enjoy going out to places to eat. Many go alone, sit at the bar and eat to be more social. Well again pre covid.....

Old 01-23-2021, 03:32 AM

106,649 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
That's no true of anyone I know. All the "older" people I know enjoy going out to places to eat. Many go alone, sit at the bar and eat to be more social. Well again pre covid.....
We love eating out or bringing in from all the wonderful restaurants we have .

Recovering from covid now door dash has been a life saver ....we have 3 great meals a day delivered right to our door .

We would have to have had someone here from morning to night preparing meals since neither of us were able to do much cooking while recovering from almost 3 weeks in the hospital .

We are doing better but still do at least one meal a day from door dash.

Bell blvd here is filled with one good restaurant after another

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-23-2021 at 03:43 AM..

Old 01-23-2021, 03:44 AM

1,034 posts, read 673,057 times
Cook my breakfast at home, unless I feel like having a bagel sandwich then I grab one from outside. Lunch and dinner depend on whether I’m working in or out of home, my schedule is usually 50/50. No one mentioned frozen meals, I go through some Trader Joe’s meals for lunch about twice a week. This isn’t really cooking. I do enjoy cooking dinner, do it on the weekends mostly. I order in reliably 2-3 times a week.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:30 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 164,927 times
Quote:
And for those--regardless of age--who have no problem with the domesticity of cooking and cleaning.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:32 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Twice a week before Covid, once a week now.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:10 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times
for some reasons,restaurant meals are better eaten in a restaurant,we not only pay for our food but the service and atmosphere and the rest of the diners near us,how they dress,whom they eat with ,it has the decor,the fine chinaware ,silverware,glasses,napkins,may be a flower in a small vase.
Having Doordash or pick up the restaurant meals in plastic container and take it home ,it is just not the same,soup in styrofoam cup,paper napkins,plastic or your own silverware,sauce in a small paper cup,food is sometimes lukewarm and need to be reheated and worse of all,we eat in our own kitchen or in front of a tv,it just not the same.
then we have to clean up afterwards.
I have Stouffer frozen meal ,their sphagetti with meat sauce is pretty good.you can get it at Kroger now for $1.82.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:31 PM

1,034 posts, read 673,057 times
Quote:
for some reasons,restaurant meals are better eaten in a restaurant,we not only pay for our food but the service and atmosphere and the rest of the diners near us,how they dress,whom they eat with ,it has the decor,the fine chinaware ,silverware,glasses,napkins,may be a flower in a small vase.
Having Doordash or pick up the restaurant meals in plastic container and take it home ,it is just not the same,soup in styrofoam cup,paper napkins,plastic or your own silverware,sauce in a small paper cup,food is sometimes lukewarm and need to be reheated and worse of all,we eat in our own kitchen or in front of a tv,it just not the same.
then we have to clean up afterwards.
I have Stouffer frozen meal ,their sphagetti with meat sauce is pretty good.you can get it at Kroger now for $1.82.
That's rich, telling New Yorkers to go shop at Kroger. You must live in NJ or something.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:03 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,750,584 times
Neither. Im like 70% cook at home. Well my wife cooks fir us. And 30% eat out.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:46 AM

5,666 posts, read 2,608,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
That's rich, telling New Yorkers to go shop at Kroger. You must live in NJ or something.
It really bothers me when people come to the New York City forum and tell people to shop at stores that don't exist here
Some people don't understand how different it is living in New York City versus New Jersey or Connecticut. It's a very different life and lifestyle.
And just because they have visited or even work a job here doesn't mean they understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City