Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 03:32 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
They are very nasty and insulting and I will no longer have any conversation at all with someone like this..it is a waste of time
In my opinion you are someone like this: so sure of themselves and that they have a wonderful life because they deserve it and anyone who doesn't brought it on themselves. You don't sound quite so cocky now. Life is like that, whether it's money or health. Just because you have it on Monday is no guarantee you'll still have it on Tuesday.

Also, I doubt you've had the flu - the REAL flu - over and over again because I agree with another poster who had it that it was one of the two major illnesses in my life, i.e., the two that I realized I had a good chance of not surviving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 03:36 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The ones who died have it easy , they died ...it is those of us who live and had to go through one of the worst sickness I ever experienced and we are mild cases that had it bad .

6 weeks now from first symptoms and we are a far cry from where we we were prior ....I ran 3-5 miles every other day right up to covid ..pushing myself I am up to walking 4 floors of stairs and I am winded like you can’t imagine...my wife is not even up to that ...at this point we don’t know if any of this will be permanent from scar tissue.

Dont play this covid down for a second or think it is only about those who died. Millions may have had their lives ruined with permanent damage and chronic symptoms...

76% of those who were moderate to severe when covid first hit have permanent damages....

I don’t wish it on you , but sometimes people who play things down need the rude awakening of even a moderate case to wake them up as to what this virus is like ....I can only describe it as getting hit by a freight trains as it multiplies each day And attacks with a vengeance in the 11-14th day
Same here

Old 01-23-2021, 03:41 PM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
In my opinion you are someone like this: so sure of themselves and that they have a wonderful life because they deserve it and anyone who doesn't brought it on themselves. You don't sound quite so cocky now. Life is like that, whether it's money or health. Just because you have it on Monday is no guarantee you'll still have it on Tuesday.

Also, I doubt you've had the flu - the REAL flu - over and over again because I agree with another poster who had it that it was one of the two major illnesses in my life, i.e., the two that I realized I had a good chance of not surviving.
You are entitled to your opinion ....the same as I am

And you doubt I had the flu ? You don’t know what I had .

that’s my opinion of your post which I am entitled to

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-23-2021 at 04:04 PM..

Old 01-23-2021, 04:43 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
This is pretty much it. I won't look for the study but there was one where patients were administered very high dosww of Vitamin D for extended periods of time and they never even hit the upper range limits.

Vitamin D levels among black Americans in the US is well below the minimum limits on average.
They legally sell tablets at 50,000 IU but I think it say on the bottle once a week.
There is also this vitamin D shot they give some people who have COVID. It has a weird name, I forgot. It's a high dose. Studies are showing it can diminish the level of symptoms.
Darker skin people have skin that protects more in high sun lower latitudes. The darker skin traps more sunlight in the top layer of skin like a filter and only lets a smaller amount go through. The lighter skin person who would burn at lower latitudes absorbs sunlight faster past in the higher latitude past the upper layers of skin, so goes faster into the lower layer where the vit D conversion takes place. Thus the darker skin person needs longer sun exposure or supp dose in the higher latitudes like NY

Old 01-23-2021, 04:57 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
I-YiYi...how did the thread go from job loss to arguing about being sick with covid.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:06 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
The job losses were in great part due to the shutdowns. If Covid is nothing but "a mere variant of the flu", it throws the entire legitimacy of the shutdown out the window. And hence, the argument of how sick one really was with Covid. That is my guess why threads like this always boil down to that.

Last edited by Aeran; 01-23-2021 at 05:36 PM..

Old 01-23-2021, 05:16 PM

Some not in higher risk groups argue we should keep everything open and let a lot of the mainly elderly die because it saves money

Old 01-23-2021, 05:21 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I-YiYi...how did the thread go from job loss to arguing about being sick with covid.
Its easier now then ever for arguments to start. People not in a good state of mind due to the pandemic, unemployment and political strife. The anger is out there. It too spreads like a virus.

As for Mathjak-Im confident most of us wish him and the wife a speedy recovery and best of health going forward. It pays to mention that people get sick from ALL sorts of things every year. Young and old alike. For those pointing fingers at Covid, its victims or other people suffering now due to a dumpster fire of a year, remember this saying-

"EVERYONE has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."-Mike Tyson

This thread derailed fast. Not what it should have done.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:58 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post

"EVERYONE has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."-Mike Tyson

This thread derailed fast. Not what it should have done.
Agreed. I think one of few honest things AC said was it will be 2025 before NY is back to where it was at the end of 2019. Personally, I think it will be 2025, before it gets back to 50-75% of its 2019 level. I view 25% (optimistic pov) to 50% (pessimistic pov) of 2019 NYC GDP and jobs..as gone permanently due to the lockdowns.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
NY's rate of job loss far above nation. NYC at 2x the % of national jobs lost.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/22/new-yo...e-to-covid-19/

New York lost 1 million jobs in 2020 due to COVID-19
what about compared to New Jersey?

Last edited by jonbenson; 01-23-2021 at 07:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City