Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 12:17 PM

926 posts, read 417,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
How much more of this will have to happen before the majority is screaming to bring back the Giuliani era policies (with a Giulian-sqe tough on crime mayor to implement them)?
Given who the perpetrators generally are, they'll scream to end systemic racism and white privilege, instead.

It's going to be a long and painful road ahead, I'm afraid.

Old 01-25-2021, 02:54 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
This is the result of ghetto people reproducing. When people who are incapable of being parents have kids this is what happens. We need to find a way to neuter or limit the reproduction of poor people. Why is it so hard to make them an ultimatum? You have one more kid and we are going to cut off your welfare check. See how quickly they stop reproducing.

I've said this before plenty of times and I'll keep saying it. We need to find a solution to this problem, and I believe I have the perfect solution.

Women 18-35 years old get a check for $20,000 lump sum, no taxes taken out if they voluntarily get their tubes tied. Each kid they have after the age of 18 will result in $2000 less. So lets say a woman is 26 and she has 4 kids the most she will receive is $12,000 if she voluntarily gets a tubal ligation.

Men 18-30 Years get $20,000 if they voluntarily get a vasectomy. Any year after 30 they get $1000 less but can get no less than $5000 up until the age of 65.

I see no reason why this isn't a beneficial to everyone.
Far too generous. Why should we pay someone with 4 kids already? The damage from that womb is done.

I like your thinking here, but the benefit to society needs to increase.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-25-2021, 03:47 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,401,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Far too generous. Why should we pay someone with 4 kids already? The damage from that womb is done.

I like your thinking here, but the benefit to society needs to increase.
Maybe after 4 kids you get nothing and your payments are reduced. But we need to incentivize these people for not reproducing. Otherwise they'll keep pumping out kids who will eventually become criminals.

Old 01-25-2021, 04:01 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
I just say make neutering a condition of welfare.

You want your fellow citizens to support you? No more fallopian tubes, period.

Men shouldn't get anything period.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-25-2021, 05:30 PM

16,050 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Response: Opinion

Back when I was growing up the only way to make a good friend was to fight him first.

Maybe looking to make friends. ( sarcasm )

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 01-25-2021 at 05:40 PM..

Old 01-25-2021, 05:55 PM

926 posts, read 417,326 times
Quote:
I just say make neutering a condition of welfare.

You want your fellow citizens to support you? No more fallopian tubes, period.

Men shouldn't get anything period.

It would make sense, actually. I could support that. But it won't happen in today's America, certainly not with the woke progressives being in charge...

Old 01-25-2021, 06:17 PM

1,043 posts, read 684,214 times
Quote:
We need a vigilante shooting.

The Savs clearly no longer fear the police/justice system due to the laws we have in place and the fact that cops are scrutinized more than perps now.

Universal suffrage has taken its toll on this city and there's no going back.

BUT...

Seeing an attack like this where the victim opens fire, killing 3-4 of them?

That would be gold.

Huh? Are you suggesting we need to take away certain peoples' right to vote?

Old 01-25-2021, 06:37 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
Huh? Are you suggesting we need to take away certain peoples' right to vote?
He has spoken on this before, he thinks only state resident property owners should have the right to vote since they are invested in land in a given place and presumably tied to it's condition. He can correct me if I am wrong.
So if you had a house and sold it and moved into a rented apartment you would lose the right to vote

Old 01-25-2021, 06:52 PM

1,043 posts, read 684,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
He has spoken on this before, he thinks only state resident property owners should have the right to vote since they are invested in land in a given place and presumably tied to it's condition. He can correct me if I am wrong.
So if you had a house and sold it and moved into a rented apartment you would lose the right to vote
That's a very elitist mentality. If that were the case, you'd always have wealthy landowners voting in their own best interest and a permanent serf class who'll never be able to buy property.

Back to the original topic...

I think we can all agree that this beating was pretty awful and we should all roundly condemn it. But let's not forget the bad old days when gangs would regularly beat each other down on the basis of race, ethnicity, and/or territory. 2020 did see a spike in crime and we may see more of this for a while, but things are still far, far, far better than before. It's just now we have more cameras.

Old 01-25-2021, 06:58 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
That's a very elitist mentality. If that were the case, you'd always have wealthy landowners voting in their own best interest and a permanent serf class who'll never be able to buy property.
It would be a combination all landowners not necessary wealthy ones
although all landowners is a group generally of higher economic status on average by a large margin than people who do not own property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City