Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 11:01 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times

Advertisements

We'll see how effective all this will be.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

https://www.amny.com/news/nypd-ccrb-...nary-measures/

The NYPD and Civilian Complaint Review Board have signed a memorandum of understanding on guidelines to streamline and standardize how officers are disciplined

But even with the new guidelines, Police Commissioner Dermot Shea retains the authority to make the final decision on all disciplinary matters.

Addressing criticism, Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said he believes he can build the public's trust in his role as the final arbiter of disciplinary decisions

Some critics complain the guidelines do not bind the commissioner to impose the discipline recommended by a new disciplinary matrix, enacted last month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 12:38 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Thank god I was able to retire. Any cops reading this: stop policing!!! Take reports. Do not touch perps. It's what the people want. Do. Not. Risk. Yourself.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-07-2021, 12:42 PM

2,315 posts, read 1,152,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Thank god I was able to retire. Any cops reading this: stop policing!!! Take reports. Do not touch perps. It's what the people want. Do. Not. Risk. Yourself.

We basically do not have a police department anymore. At least on S.I. the people support the cops and the DA isn't an anti-cop moron.

Old 02-09-2021, 03:14 PM

912 posts, read 1,132,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Thank you for retiring. Now if only we could get rid of majority of the remaining cops with your mindset.

—————————-

Imagine if doctors (or any other professional) had this mindset? “How dare a patient sue me or talk ill about me! I am never going to practice medicine again!!!!”

Old 02-09-2021, 03:39 PM

I don't debate this topic any longer. I cannot argue with people who hold your mindset because if I was to actually change someone's mind, that's one less protestor generating overtime for the cops still out there.

Earlier today I drove past Barclay Center while out for my new job. I have to admit, I almost shed a tear thinking about how just two days spent there last July will be paying me a few thousand every year for life. The irony of the whole situation is truly fascinating. What those cop haters did for my family's life is truly appreciated.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-09-2021, 03:42 PM

Here check it out. I took this pic to post on facebook with the exact thoughts I just posted here:
Attached Thumbnails
NYPD and Oversight Agency Sign Agreement to Standardize How Officers Are Disciplined-2f0ad247-aeeb-4885-b4b7-a1a9ca8cce14.jpeg  

Old 02-09-2021, 05:08 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
Thank you for retiring. Now if only we could get rid of majority of the remaining cops with your mindset.

—————————-

Imagine if doctors (or any other professional) had this mindset? “How dare a patient sue me or talk ill about me! I am never going to practice medicine again!!!!”
Don’t hate Airborneguy for doing what you woke liberals and the politicians you elect want him to do, which is to not confront/arrest/restraint the criminals, especially the black ones.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:11 PM

Ssh, the hate is great! $$$$

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City