Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 12:52 PM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times

Advertisements

NYC needs somebody that knows how to make everybody happy

Ha

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 05:51 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
I don’t know how Andrew Yang is qualified to be elected to any position. He has no political experience and his business background involves many different things he tried and left. He worked as an attorney for a short while, had a startup that failed, worked at a test prep firm, and started a couple of nonprofit organizations that he left. He gives the impression that he’s an Asian billionaire entrepreneur, at least to me when I first heard of him and I thought of Jerry Yang. He’s not that rich and I may have a higher net worth than Andrew Yang. In interviews, he laughs a lot when nothing funny is being said which tells me he is an empty suit.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:59 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Seems New Yorkers are like Chicago voters. No wonder New York is turning into Chicago with people leaving and crime is now running rampant all over!

Old 02-24-2021, 10:41 AM

173 posts, read 147,247 times
Yang is great. I don't want a career politician. We need new blood.

Edit: and Eric Adams? Ex-NYPD? No thanks. Definitely don't need a more cop-friendly Mayor. I don't believe any of his anti-cop jargon.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:45 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
Yang should move to China if he loves spending other people's money so much.
And I say this as a chinese american.

Yang is a disgrace to all communist hating asian americans. My parents didn't flee from communism for this.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:06 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Yang should move to China if he loves spending other people's money so much.
And I say this as a chinese american.

Yang is a disgrace to all communist hating asian americans. My parents didn't flee from communism for this.
So your parents actually experienced communism and you think the policies of the current Chinese Communist Party are the same as Andrew Yang's?

I think some of his ideas are great. How he's going to pay for them is always the $64,000,000 question, but I don't think comparing his policies to those in China is accurate.

Maybe I missed it. But NOWHERE in this thread is there a link to his actual policies. FYI.

https://www.yangforny.com/policies

Old 02-24-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
So your parents actually experienced communism and you think the policies of the current Chinese Communist Party are the same as Andrew Yang's?

I think some of his ideas are great. How he's going to pay for them is always the $64,000,000 question, but I don't think comparing his policies to those in China is accurate.

Maybe I missed it. But NOWHERE in this thread is there a link to his actual policies. FYI.

https://www.yangforny.com/policies

I actually don't care about his NYC polcies, since I moved to LI in 2015 and only come to this forum for Schadenfreud.

But that communist did try to run for POTUS, which could have affected me and my wallet. Because I'm usually the high income ******* that ends up paying for other people's ish.

EDIT:
So I read the link, he is still sticking with the basic income communism shtick.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I actually don't care about his NYC polcies, since I moved to LI in 2015 and only come to this forum for Schadenfreud.

But that communist did try to run for POTUS, which could have affected me and my wallet. Because I'm usually the high income ******* that ends up paying for other people's ish.

EDIT:
So I read the link, he is still sticking with the basic income communism shtick.
It may be shtick, but it ain't communism.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
It may be shtick, but it ain't communism.

The most basic tenet of communism is redistribution of wealth.
It has nothing to do with the dictartorship/lack of freedom every communist system eventually morphs into, which you are probably thinking of.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
The most basic tenet of communism is redistribution of wealth.
True. And people with (enormous amounts of) wealth are being asked to make a contribution in order to help those less fortunate. I get that may be an unpopular request if you have a lot of money . Personally, I think they should pay their fair share, but what that fair share is, is what gets us into a lot trouble. Case in point:

My DIL wanted a Kate Spade bag for her birthday. Cost about $350. Was going to be split 4 ways between her parents who are loaded, her sister and my son (not loaded). They ended up getting her a nice purse for $150 because the Kate Spade was "too expensive." I found out after the fact, but if I'd known, I would have just bought it for her because it's been a rough year and she deserves something nice, even though I have no money.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the dictartorship/lack of freedom every communist system eventually morphs into.
And why it has failed on every human level since Marx and Lenin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City