Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 09:32 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times

Advertisements

Miami is completely lit right now, I'm heading down for a month in a couple weeks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 09:33 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Those who want to stay home should do so.
Bingo.

And Florida with the highest population of retirees has a fraction of the COVID deaths that places like NY have where the governor literally had seniors murdered by forcing covid patients into nursing homes where people's grandparents didn't stand a chance

Old 02-16-2021, 11:00 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Bingo.

And Florida with the highest population of retirees has a fraction of the COVID deaths that places like NY have where the governor literally had seniors murdered by forcing covid patients into nursing homes where people's grandparents didn't stand a chance
Yep. Ain't that the honest truth. If that wasn't bad enough, the resulting cover up is worse. So much for the "straight talking, truth telling" Governor.

Old 02-16-2021, 11:02 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
My entire family outside of my parents and sister live in Florida. Palm Beach to be exact. Not moving there.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:22 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
I mean we'll all be dead, probably, but it doesn't seem wise to me to move to a place that will be underwater and uninhabitable by 2100.

I also don't care for heat and humidity or constant hurricanes.
You do realize much of NYC and the NYC metro is just at or barely above sea level right? And it also gets humidity and hurricanes.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:25 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I lived in West Palm Beach for 6 months. it felt like I was there for 6 years ! BORING. Anywhere outside Miami or West Palm is Hicksville USA. Summer weather is brutal AC 24/7 .

You couldn't pay me to live in Florida.

GOOD that low life selfish NY'ers with no decency for other people are co habitanting with each other so when the Florida panhandle burns from Covid they all go with it.
So you mean to tell me NY isn't BORING now that Gov Il Duce has closed down everything fun?

If you hate Florida so much that you wish they "burn from Covid" perhaps you can redirect your vitriol towards the very politicians who let New York have the nursing home crisis and a higher death rate per capita from Covid than nearly every other state (and far higher than Florida's despite it being open).

Old 02-18-2021, 01:46 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
when Old Homestead Steakhouse moves to FL call me

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-27-2021, 11:08 PM

325 posts, read 198,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
How does Florida not have culture?

It's probably a more interesting state than New York at this point.
Yes depends where in Florida , Orlando and Miami is a metropolitan city like New York and it has a lot of culture , it’s not nearly as diverse as New York but how can it be . New York is the biggest most over crowded city so it can’t compare to that , on the plus side it’s also more peaceful , less grimey more beautiful and less ghetto . And as for the others answers about the heat , Florida heat is only bad when it’s summer , summer heat is bad in New York and all states at that point because it’s summer lol , winter time Miami and Orlando is perfect most of it being in the 70s . And of course Florida outside the main cities are likely “Hicksville” , New York outside of the 5 boroughs is “Hicksville “ , upstate and a suburb in a unknown Florida town are perfectly comparable . Small towns are always going to be wack small towns and cities are always gonna be fun cities .. no brainer

Old 02-28-2021, 08:07 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
When Shun Lee Palace moves to FL then call me

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-28-2021, 08:12 AM

276 posts, read 230,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
when Old Homestead Steakhouse moves to FL call me

I second this, with a order of those parmesan bread sticks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City