Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 12:25 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times

Advertisements

Celebrity favorites Carbone, Cote and Brooklyn pizza joint Roberta's head for Miami as Big Apple Covid rules cripple business

- An exodus of NYC restaurateurs to Miami comes as the Big Apple continues restrictions on indoor dining while Florida restaurants can operate at 100% capacity
- Harlem hot spot Red Rooster was among the first to open a Miami location in December
- Celebrity hotspot Carbone also opened up an outpost there earlier this month
- Korean steakhouse Cote opened in Miami last Friday
- Roberta's, Sant Ambroeus, Almond and French eatery La Goulue have all signed leases there
- Bounce, Proper West and Pastis are also reported to be looking for a Miami location

It comes despite COVID-19 cases in Miami remaining high as restaurant owners look to take advantage of the outdoor dining options that come with the city's better weather .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-dining.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 01:17 PM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times
It’s about time Florida got some culture.

Still wouldn’t be able to live there. Don’t care for heat all the time with Ac running all the time.
Don’t care for hicks and Alligators either.
And they have no mountains.

Old 02-16-2021, 01:36 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post

Still wouldn’t be able to live there. Don’t care for heat all the time with Ac running all the time.
I'm in the same boat as you. I cannot stand hot weather for long periods and I love the mountains and deciduous forests of the Northeast. Those factors and my kids keep me here.

It's awesome to see smart money flowing out of our anti-business region though. Only a masochist would open any business in NY knowing that at any given moment a tyrant governor or mayor (our only options here) will shut you down on a whim, not to mention the every day "normal" regulatory environment in NYS.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-16-2021, 01:40 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
I know a few people who live in all parts of Florida (Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville).

Florida's "complete hands off" policy is completely dangerous! At least, have some balance, let's say, 25-50 percent capacity.

I saw a video of a live band in Tampa, in a hotel ballroom, and there were no protocols, or social distancing, at all! No one in the band had masks, and the seating was not separated, at all! That was troubling!

Old 02-16-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I know a few people who live in all parts of Florida (Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville).

Florida's "complete hands off" policy is completely dangerous! At least, have some balance, let's say, 25-50 percent capacity.

I saw a video of a live band in Tampa, in a hotel ballroom, and there were no protocols, or social distancing, at all! No one in the band had masks, and the seating was not separated, at all! That was troubling!
I don’t like regulations. Americans don’t like regulations.
Those who want to stay home should do so.

Old 02-16-2021, 01:55 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post

So stay here where they're controlling our lives. Problem solved.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-16-2021, 02:27 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
or vote out coumo and deblasio and don't vote for communists and maga

Old 02-16-2021, 02:46 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,593,062 times
Quote:

How does Florida not have culture?

It's probably a more interesting state than New York at this point.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:05 PM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,785 times
Quote:

The cold doesn't bother me but all this snow and ice does. But I hate the heat and humidity even more.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
The cold doesn't bother me but all this snow and ice does. But I hate the heat and humidity even more.
I don’t mind the cold that much. What I’d ha5e is the grey days, lack of sun and lack of greenery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City