Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 12:58 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times

Advertisements

Arlene's Grocery! I remember this place. A friend of mine was in a punk rock band that used to play there regularly. Feel bad for the owners. A shame, really. I want this whole covid thing to be over already.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

We’re less than two weeks away from large stadiums and arenas across the state being able to welcome back fans at 10% capacity. While that’s an encouraging development for those venues, many smaller venues for indoor performances remain closed.

Owners of Arlene's Grocery on the Lower East Side are seeking immediate financial relief from the government to help them survive the pandemic

Arlene's Grocery opened in 1995, with a focus on live music featuring emerging artists

It could take months before the Save Our Stages act, passed by Congress in December, trickles down money to small venues like Arlene's Grocery. The owners say they can't wait that long, with bills mounting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 08:06 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Arlene's Grocery! I remember this place. A friend of mine was in a punk rock band that used to play there regularly. Feel bad for the owners. A shame, really. I want this whole covid thing to be over already.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

We’re less than two weeks away from large stadiums and arenas across the state being able to welcome back fans at 10% capacity. While that’s an encouraging development for those venues, many smaller venues for indoor performances remain closed.

Owners of Arlene's Grocery on the Lower East Side are seeking immediate financial relief from the government to help them survive the pandemic

Arlene's Grocery opened in 1995, with a focus on live music featuring emerging artists

It could take months before the Save Our Stages act, passed by Congress in December, trickles down money to small venues like Arlene's Grocery. The owners say they can't wait that long, with bills mounting
Maybe they should stream their performances on YouTube, possibly they can make some money that way

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-17-2021, 08:54 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Maybe they should stream their performances on YouTube, possibly they can make some money that way
Maybe they should let the businesses operate and let the consumers decide if they are comfortable enough to patronize those business.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Maybe they should let the businesses operate and let the consumers decide if they are comfortable enough to patronize those business.
Well that's an obvious answer but clearly that's not happening anytime soon.

Old 02-17-2021, 09:01 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,030 times
Quote:
Well that's an obvious answer but clearly that's not happening anytime soon.
Unfortunately, you're right. Such a shame

Old 02-17-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Unfortunately, you're right. Such a shame
I don't worry about things I can't control, however I don't see why in these trying times people can't try to be a little more innovative.

If I had a restaurant right now, I would start a YouTube channel of all the food that my restaurant makes, anything to bring some money in.

Old 02-17-2021, 09:19 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
I don't worry about things I can't control, however I don't see why in these trying times people can't try to be a little more innovative.

If I had a restaurant right now, I would start a YouTube channel of all the food that my restaurant makes, anything to bring some money in.
Restaurants are flooding Instagram with the equivalent, and from what I hear, it's working.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:28 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,736 times
Quote:

Maybe they should just learn to code?

It's easy telling other people what to do when you haven't done it yourself.

If your business is SELLING food, what would your YT channel bring of value? Showing food? With the 100ak other YT channels that so the same ****?

Their business is LIVE performance. Not streamed content. It's an entirely different business.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:29 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Restaurants are flooding Instagram with the equivalent, and from what I hear, it's working.
It's working for a select few. Like everything on the internet. 90% of the revenue goes to the top 1% of creators. That's just how the internet works.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Maybe they should just learn to code?

It's easy telling other people what to do when you haven't done it yourself.

If your business is SELLING food, what would your YT channel bring of value? Showing food? With the 100ak other YT channels that so the same ****?

Their business is LIVE performance. Not streamed content. It's an entirely different business.
I'm not saying it would have worked 100%, but I would have at least tried it

Look at how many live TV shows with performances have to stream now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City