Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 05:51 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,065,404 times

Advertisements

Seems everyday women especially are being attacked by random men. This one a good samaritan stepped in. One person out of however many were there. Kudos to them.

This nut bit one of the police too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 05:59 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,983,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Is it? At the voting sites you walk your marked ballot over to a scanning machine where a poll worker hovers over your exposed ballot and will “help” if the machine doesn’t accept it at first. Mail-in ballots are opened by poll workers who can see who you voted for. I much preferred the lever machines where you voted behind a curtain.
I worked as a poll watcher/ And I was that person at the machine where you cast your ballot....And no, I did not see who you were voting for...I took my commitment and oath seriously - That is why we were there. It was not for the money...(it was a 16 hour day - from 5:30 AM to 9:30 PM)

..I was watching to make sure that you were inserting it correctly, while at the same time I was casting my eye over to the people in line, as we all worked to keep the lines moving, and getting people in and out...And at the same time, I was also casting my eyes towards the Absentee Ballot box near me, as that was also one of my responsibilities...And perhaps if you noticed. we were being inundated with questions that people were asking us all throughout the day......And I had to take a pee...

The only time I saw who people voted for were the clowns that proudly held up their ballots for everyone to see that they voted straight across the line (for one party or another)...And the only impression I had of them was..."I wonder if they have any idea who they are voting for...Or why?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: