Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 08:56 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,238,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
In what way are you feeling this? Is it not being affected by these videos? Or not worrying as much about becoming a victim?

I think a lot about the latter-specifically traveling to and from work at the more dangerous hours. Like im expecting a very high chance (90%) im going to encounter a situation personally. Im not that worried in my own area. Im still jolted by videos like this one though.

We can all agree its a downer seeing all this. Its not normal. I think a lot of how there are many places in the country that DONT see these types of attacks.
I’m not being affected by the videos. It might as well be a cartoon. I have no emotions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 09:05 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yeah, I guess we should all go by your personal experiences instead, which is unquestionably most authoritative.
Actually, that's a good question. If I'm telling you I have personal experience with the neighborhood and I know it very well, why would you doubt it?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-19-2021, 09:06 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
More bike lanes please

Old 02-19-2021, 09:10 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Actually, that's a good question. If I'm telling you I have personal experience with the neighborhood and I know it very well, why would you doubt it?
I never doubted your experience (like you do to others) but you act like only your personal experience is valid.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I never doubted your experience (like you do to others) but you act like only your personal experience is valid.
Nahh I'm not saying that at all. But from your responses, it doesn't appear if you have any personal experience with PPS to either confirm or refute my claim.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:45 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Save your snide remarks. I find it funny that people here will argue that someone does not know certain subjects because they have not had first hand experience. When first hand experience is cited, then they try to dismiss it.

The reason I brought my experience up was because the other poster tried to make it like I have never been there, which was not true.

It's funny you don't actually have much personal experience with the area, but want to pretend you do while you argue with people who have. C'mon, Donnie, you're out of your element.

Old 02-19-2021, 10:33 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Normal for that part of Flatbush, there's always something crazy going on there
Bro, you're mixing things and are way, way off . I'm very familiar with the area as well.

Yes it's always had it's violence but not all violence is created equal. Gang members settling their beefs amongst themselves is one thing. If this was one gang member beating the **** out of another, nobody would really care (and for good reason).

If this was random , in broad daylight, and a black dude on a white dude /non black dude, this changes the game. This dude is now in a coma.

That area has seen a steady influx of whites and it's no secret that Caribbeans in NYC have a special disdain for white folks. It's interesting considering they come from countries that are dirt poor and insignificant. I have my theories on that. Lol

Remember this? These transplants don't understand how quickly things can turn bad when the people you live around you don't like you. Those of us who grew up in this city know the deal. It's not all kumbaya.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...k-lives-matter

Last edited by Bklynball; 02-19-2021 at 10:53 AM..

Old 02-19-2021, 11:03 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,238,298 times
Victim is 54 and in critical condition

Old 02-19-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Bro, you're mixing things and are way, way off . I'm very familiar with the area as well.

Yes it's always had it's violence but not all violence is created equal. Gang members settling their beefs amongst themselves is one thing. If this was one gang member beating the **** out of another, nobody would really care (and for good reason).

If this was random , in broad daylight, and a black dude on a white dude /non black dude, this changes the game. This dude is now in a coma.

That area has seen a steady influx of whites and it's no secret that Caribbeans in NYC have a special disdain for white folks. It's interesting considering they come from countries that are dirt poor and insignificant. I have my theories on that. Lol

Remember this? These transplants don't understand how quickly things can turn bad when the people you live around you don't like you. Those of us who grew up in this city know the deal. It's not all kumbaya.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...k-lives-matter
Violent crime is violent crime and I said that area has a lot of it. That's all. If you want to get into particulars about who's causing it, thats for another thread.

But of course I worry about gang member shootings, I don't want to be walking down the street and get caught in the middle of something, that's always a matter of concern for me if I have to walk around there at night. As a matter of fact, if I walk down those side blocks off Church Ave at night, I don't play music in my headphones, I at least need to hear what's going on.

And you know what? I'm sure if this was a gang-related incident, a thread still would have been started on it...

Old 02-19-2021, 11:58 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
maybe we do need concealed carry
nonsense. criminals shouldn't have to fear for their lives or safety when interacting with the public
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City