Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 04:53 PM

19,029 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE866 View Post
Anyone who barks out “liberalism is a mental disorder “ obviously has right wing beliefs . Stop being obtuse.
And Stop trying to deflect.
Modern Liberalism is a mental disorder. Saying that doesn't make me religious.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-20-2021, 05:01 PM

2,009 posts, read 1,207,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
You are making assumptions a bit fast, here.

1 ) not being an extreme progressive doesn't necessarily make one a right-winger

2) I'm not religious

3) in my culture, blind compassion and unconditional forgiveness do not make you a good person. It makes you a doormat and an enabler, which are two very negative traits
My original comment was addressing the “liberalism is a mental disorder “. That is classic narrative of someone
Who is a staunch right winger and the overwhelming majority of right wingers are religious so can we stop with the denials on here?

I don’t think the woman’s comments show blind compassion.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post
Can't speak on behalf of anyone else but I have tremendous respect for the charitable work done Christian organisations around the world. It's not so much Christianity in general as the peculiar brand of American Christianity that emphasises social conservatism, homophobia and borderline xenophobic levels of patriotism (no idea where in the Bible they found that one) over virtues of compassion, forgiveness and charity that I'm not so fond of. Christians who practice the latter and actually go out and do things like feed the homeless and volunteer to help refugees settle into their new community have nothing but my respect.

As for Islam, what are you talking about? You may have gotten confused - you probably saw that people on the left object to individual Muslims being treated with suspicion, contempt and on occasion actual violence on account of their religion and misconstrued that as 'being in love with Islam'.
You clearly have a very distorted view of reality. Last time I checked, it isn’t followers of American Christianity that stone homosexuals to death.

Latinos are generally more homophobic and socially conservative than Americans and they are more church going (Catholic) so your perceptions of American Christianity is clearly not accurate.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Modern Liberalism is a mental disorder. Saying that doesn't make me religious.

no, it makes you right wing

Old 02-20-2021, 05:21 PM

Yeah except you added a religious aspect to it and you can't walk that back now. Assumptions... you know the deal. Ranting about failed christians in the NyC forum is a recipe for disaster; this isn't Oklahoma or Alabama.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-20-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
You have to break free from the twitterverse's neat categories.

Never had a twitter account..and only follow financial markets people....

Old 02-20-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah except you added a religious aspect to it and you can't walk that back now. Assumptions... you know the deal. Ranting about failed christians in the NyC forum is a recipe for disaster; this isn't Oklahoma or Alabama.

I'm ranting about failed christians?

it started with the "anti liberal" comments...those type comments typically come from staunch right wing people.....pretty simple concept.....most right wing people are big on religion...thats not ranting or making silly assumptions.....based on reality.....

Old 02-20-2021, 05:29 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I don’t know about other right wingers but this right winger is not religious but unlike leftwingers, I don’t hate on the church and God. I believe in respecting others’ right to be religious.

Definitely the first thing I noticed about you, post after post, you ooze respect from every fiber of your being.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:

it started with the "anti liberal" comments...those type comments typically come from staunch right wing people.....pretty simple concept.....most right wing people are big on religion...thats not ranting or making silly assumptions.....based on reality.....
Ok fine, since you want to stick to it. Can you show us proof that most right wing people are religious then? Bonus points for focusing on NYC righties since, you know, you were posting in the NYC forum.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:32 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:

Do you have actual proof that “most right wing people are big on religion” or is that just your own baseless perception?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City