Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 10:24 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE866 View Post
84 and 72 IS statistically far apart. If you've ever taken a statistics class you would know that.

Regardless, that was just ONE of the charts and actually was the smallest difference. If you read the other charts you will see the other margins are wider. Read.

My claims come from the PEW foundation which is very reputable.
It is not statistically far apart. If one person scored a 84 (B grade) on a test and another scored a 72 (C grade), one is not that much better or worse than the other.

We are going by the one chart YOU chose. We are all going by what you pick and still you fail to prove your claim.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
The fact that you can't acknowledge that republicans/conservatives are much more religiously inclined than democrats/liberals is bizarre to me. You're being willfully ignorant.
You just can’t accept you were wrong. You thought you could just throw out a link and thought we wouldn’t check up on it. You even tried to just point out the figure for Republicans while sneakily leaving the figure for Democrats out.

Stop your lying. Republicans are not “much more” religious inclined than Democrats. In other religion categories, which I previously mentioned, Democrats are actually higher.

You are just hurt because you were proven wrong, again and again.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:35 AM

2,009 posts, read 1,207,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You just can’t accept you were wrong. You thought you could just throw out a link and thought we wouldn’t check up on it. You even tried to just point out the figure for Republicans while leaving the figure for Democrats for comparison.

Stop your lying. Republicans are not “much more” religious inclined than Democrats. In other religion categories, which already mentioned, Democrats are actually higher.

You are just hurt because you were proven wrong, again and again.

When you learn how to read maybe then we can have a meaningful discussion. You lack very basic comprehension skills.

In addition, you're a very angry man. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has said that to you. I looked at your other posts on other threads and it's the same theme. Even under your name it says " I live in New Jersey and hate it" LOL..what adult talks like that?..talk about bad energy.......Good luck!

Old 02-21-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
When you learn how to read maybe then we can have a meaningful discussion. You lack very basic comprehension skills.

In addition, you're a very angry man. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has said that to you. I looked at your other posts on other threads and it's the same theme. Even under your name it says " I live in New Jersey and hate it" LOL..what adult talks like that?..talk about bad energy.......Good luck!
It’s all just one put down after another from you. I guess you are bitter because someone has given you a smack down, and I didn’t even need to go the personal insult route like you are doing.

My posts are admittedly generally political so it will get some hate from Leftists like you and that is to be expected. I see it as a sign that my posts are poignant enough to get their attention.

Anyway, you try and try to deflect with jabs about me to cover for the fact that I have proven you wrong, using your own chosen links and your own chosen stat. Quite embarrassing don’t you think?

Old 02-21-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
It’s all just one put down after another from you. I guess you are bitter because someone has given you a smack down, and I didn’t even need to go the personal insult route like you are doing.

My posts are admittedly generally political so it will get some hate from Leftists like you and that is to be expected. I see it as a sign that my posts are poignant enough to get their attention.

Anyway, you try and try to deflect with jabs about me to cover for the fact that I have proven you wrong, using your own chosen links and your own chosen stat. Quite embarrassing don’t you think?

I'm not a leftist. I have zero allegiance to either party. I think about issues individually. I posted ONE link--from the PEW Research foundation. Again, if you read it it supports my claims.

Old 02-21-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I'm not a leftist. I have zero allegiance to either party. I think about issues individually. I posted ONE link--from the PEW Research foundation. Again, if you read it it supports my claims.
More lies? Your first post literally called every poster before you a “right winger.”

Only Leftists would use that term.

Your bogus claims have already been busted. Denying it over and over will not change that.

Old 02-21-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
More lies? Your first post literally called every poster before you a “right winger.”

Only Leftists would use that term.

Your bogus claims have already been busted. Denying it over and over will not change that.

You remind me of the drunk guy at 3 AM at the bar babbling....and if you hate NJ so much why don't you just move?

Old 02-21-2021, 03:27 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Thank God for people like her & Im saying that as a conservative republican. Why that has anything to do with this I don't know but I have read 5 pages of this thread & it seems to matter somehow.

My 6 foot 5 inches tall, 260 lb disabled teenager (brain damaged from a vaccine injury at age 2) punched a random woman on the train last summer. I normally would have been in between him and anybody else but the boarding steps are not wide enough for to board stepping next to him. He got on first and went crashing down the aisle, she just happened to be standing there. I managed to wrestle him down the aisle while restraining his arms behind his back, all the while apologizing profusely to her and warning those in front of us to duck. I think I managed to yell something about his severe autism.

Afterwards he crumpled into a seat & started sobbing. She was nice enough to come check on him & told me I was an amazing person & mother. I sure didn't feel like it at the time. I was actually completely humiliated and felt like a total failure. Again, thank God for people with compassion.

Old 02-21-2021, 03:30 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Thank God for people like her & Im saying that as a conservative republican. Why that has anything to do with this I don't know but I have read 5 pages of this thread & it seems to matter somehow.

My 6 foot 5 inches tall, 260 lb disabled teenager (brain damaged from a vaccine injury at age 2) punched a random woman on the train last summer. I normally would have been in between him and anybody else but the boarding steps are not wide enough for to board stepping next to him. He got on first and went crashing down the aisle, she just happened to be standing there. I managed to wrestle him down the aisle while restraining his arms behind his back, all the while apologizing profusely to her and warning those in front of us to duck. I think I managed to yell something about his severe autism.

Afterwards he crumpled into a seat & started sobbing. She was nice enough to come check on him & told me I was an amazing person & mother. I sure didn't feel like it at the time. I was actually completely humiliated and felt like a total failure. Again, thank God for people with compassion.
That’s totally made up haha!

Old 02-21-2021, 04:47 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
That’s totally made up haha!
I wish but ...

Nope; 26% of autistic people have epilepsy symptoms. My son's seizure activity is called Limbic Rage Seizures, aka "emotional seizures".

https://www.epilepsydiagnosis.org/se...-overview.html

Sometimes they are preceded by a bout of uncontrollable laughter & almost always end with grogginess & severe headaches. In fact, he is a "flagged" passenger with Amtrak due to this facet of his disability. I could tell one was coming on as our train was approaching & notified the agent at the station who called the conductor. They tried to accommodate by boarding us on a different car with assistance from an attendant but he leaped onto the stairs ahead of the guy & plowed through the car.

Like I said, I usually get in between him and others when this happens. Like any type of seizure, you clear the area of hazards to protect the patient and others. My responsibility is to be the buffer to protect him & others.

Do you also not believe the man in this report was disabled? Not all disabilities can be accommodated with a wheelchair ramp or Braille signage, you know. Doesn't make them less eligible for accommodation under the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City