Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 08:10 AM

19,047 posts, read 13,964,273 times

Advertisements

Its ridiculous. They want us as compartmentalized and divided as possible to keep the level of hatred rising.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 08:34 AM

1,399 posts, read 891,861 times
Am I the only one who thinks hate crimes against asians isnt a problem? I'm sure these crimes are up some ridiculous number like 500% yoy but what was the actual jump in crimes. 10 in 2019 to 50 in 2020. Like come on give me a break. How many asians in nyc? 500k? 1.5m? Do the math, it isnt that big of a deal.

Disagree with me and my made up numbers all you want. Fine. You want to fix this problem you need to tackle the root of the cause: young black males picking on easy prey: senior asian citizens. Let me guess? Nobody here wants to have that conversation. Leftists certainly dont because it's their own fault this is happening. Too ashamed to admit it so they hold these dumb rallies that accomplish nada.

Which brings me to the conclusion of my rant: what percentage of asians vote blue?

Old 03-02-2021, 08:38 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Is this going to be another Cherios are icons of white supremeacy thing

Old 03-02-2021, 08:40 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Wouldn't it be funny if there were signs posted, "Rise up Against Media and Politician-Driven Anti-White Hate -rally Foley Square NYC 2-27-2020

Old 03-02-2021, 08:56 AM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks hate crimes against asians isnt a problem? I'm sure these crimes are up some ridiculous number like 500% yoy but what was the actual jump in crimes. 10 in 2019 to 50 in 2020. Like come on give me a break. How many asians in nyc? 500k? 1.5m? Do the math, it isnt that big of a deal.

Disagree with me and my made up numbers all you want. Fine. You want to fix this problem you need to tackle the root of the cause: young black males picking on easy prey: senior asian citizens. Let me guess? Nobody here wants to have that conversation. Leftists certainly dont because it's their own fault this is happening. Too ashamed to admit it so they hold these dumb rallies that accomplish nada.

Which brings me to the conclusion of my rant: what percentage of asians vote blue?
I am a NYer. I am Asian. I am not buying this media push.
Crime in the city is being put on display. While the percentage of on-Asian crimes may/may not be statistically higher, that doesn't mean other crimes against non Asians are lower.

There are some mental people out there. And with a City much sparser than usual it's gonna stand out.
An Asian woman getting assaulted is no more terrible than a woman raped by a delivery person. People getting slammed into Subway tracks. Rocks thrown at clerks. It's all bad. Tacking on a racial Slur shouldn't over-ride other assault crimes.

All these former rallies we've had for other things, there is always an outcry 'against' a purported perpetrating group. Whites supremacists. When they say 'Erase the Hate' they obviously mean whites.

Who is it they are rallying against this time? Just hate in general? Until they can be honest and confront uncomfortable truths, that it is mentally ill African Americans who are disproportionately committing these crimes, how can I not think it is just some lefty backed media ploy to stir the pot and bait Asians into their fold?

I am not saying hate on African Americans. I am saying get tougher on crime. Tougher on letting Mentally ill people roam the subways, send your social workers to round them up out of the filth and get them in treatment facilities.. White,black,hispanic, asian,..don't matter.

Quote:

Unfortunately more than half.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:21 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpable View Post
Once again, a misleading statement from 85dumbo, who can't even spell Stuyvesant correctly.

The SHSAT admissions process is incredibly flawed, entirely based on TWO subjects, math and reading. I know Asian kids who score a 400 on math and a 150 on reading, but apparently that's enough to get them into Stuyvesant, when they don't show any balance of aptitude. The SHSAT exam should take into consideration more subjects and well-rounded students, rather than students who are able to score incredibly well on math but not on reading. This isn't a thing of "studying too hard" but more of widening the testing criteria. If you believe Asians do well because they "study too hard" then an extra subject or two on the exam shouldn't hurt anyone, and neither should considering statewide testing results or in-school grades, as was proposed (Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/02/n...k-schools.html)

It's so selfish for Asian parents to want to keep the test where it is because it works for them ONLY. We should absolutely consider more things in the admissions process. Not get rid of the entire test, but to make changes that ends with a more equitable result.
Did you read your own links?

From the NY Times article link to DeBlasio's OpEd:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deblasio
If we want this to be the fairest big city in America, we need to scrap the SHSAT and start over.
For a deeper solution, we will fight alongside our partners in the Assembly and Senate to replace the SHSAT with a new admissions process, selecting students based on a combination of the student’s rank in their middle school and their results in the statewide tests that all middle school children take.

https://ny.chalkbeat.org/2018/6/2/21...m-let-s-fix-it

He wants to scrap the SHSAT and replace is with some kind of 'equality' measurement

Old 03-02-2021, 11:53 AM

1,399 posts, read 891,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I am a NYer. I am Asian. I am not buying this media push.
Crime in the city is being put on display. While the percentage of on-Asian crimes may/may not be statistically higher, that doesn't mean other crimes against non Asians are lower.

There are some mental people out there. And with a City much sparser than usual it's gonna stand out.
An Asian woman getting assaulted is no more terrible than a woman raped by a delivery person. People getting slammed into Subway tracks. Rocks thrown at clerks. It's all bad. Tacking on a racial Slur shouldn't over-ride other assault crimes.

All these former rallies we've had for other things, there is always an outcry 'against' a purported perpetrating group. Whites supremacists. When they say 'Erase the Hate' they obviously mean whites.

Who is it they are rallying against this time? Just hate in general? Until they can be honest and confront uncomfortable truths, that it is mentally ill African Americans who are disproportionately committing these crimes, how can I not think it is just some lefty backed media ploy to stir the pot and bait Asians into their fold?

I am not saying hate on African Americans. I am saying get tougher on crime. Tougher on letting Mentally ill people roam the subways, send your social workers to round them up out of the filth and get them in treatment facilities.. White,black,hispanic, asian,..don't matter.

Unfortunately more than half.
I read a comment the other day blaming trump for anti asian crime spike due to his china virus comments. All these people committing these crimes are maga fans. Who woulda known?

Old 03-02-2021, 12:31 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
I read a comment the other day blaming trump for anti asian crime spike due to his china virus comments. All these people committing these crimes are maga fans. Who woulda known?
Yeah,....when I am going out for some late Vivi Bubble Tea and popcorn chicken I am always on the lookout for those Red Maga hats,..lol.

Old 03-02-2021, 12:59 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:

No, we don't have the FREEDOM to say that here, the comment was deleted, you win

Old 03-02-2021, 01:05 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/anti-a...pandemic-cops/

NEW YORK POST

Anti-Asian attacks surged in 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic: NYPD
By Craig McCarthy
February 23, 2021

even the Post acknowledges there is in fact
a problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: