Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 04:39 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Are you going to trust the motley fool or the New England Journal of Medicine?
I'm not going to waste my time finding all the latest studies for you which are available just from a cursory search, especially coming out of Israel which has the highest COVID vaccination rate in the world. Like I said, I don't care what you do, but I do care what my family does and that's pretty much where I'm going to leave it.

Good luck

Old 03-07-2021, 04:41 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Sorry, spin it any way you want but a 60% vaccine is not good enough when there's a 95% vaccine available

But by all means shop in the bargain aisle at walmart to each their own
Lol you obviously have no clue. It's not 60%, first of all, it's 72% for an APPLES to APPLEs comparison. The US trial of J&J was 72% effective. Pfizer and Moderna did essentially all of their tests in the USA!

Also, if you had any idea about how vaccines work (which you don't so it's probably pointless to argue with you and your dangerous degradation of a perfectly good vaccine), you'd know mRNA vaccines are highly specific, so if the virus changes even a little (which it has and will do so), they become much less effective.

Why do you think Pfizer and Moderna are racing to make booster shots? Why can they not give us efficacy numbers regarding the UK, South African and Brazilian variants?

Capische?

Old 03-07-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I'm not going to waste my time finding all the latest studies for you which are available just from a cursory search, especially coming out of Israel which has the highest COVID vaccination rate in the world. Like I said, I don't care what you do, but I do care what my family does and that's pretty much where I'm going to leave it.

Good luck
Go ahead, get the radically new vaccine technology that has existed barely a year, that will have you coming back for endless boosters and needles

More J&J vaccine for those of us who are literate in science, not pseudoscientific fear mongering

Old 03-07-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
well, 2:15 AM is my appointment at Javits center tonight....have to take a nap, the Uber it in.
this should be an experience for the both of us...............................
tune in tomorrow....
My friend got it last night. Said night shift was pretty smooth and they got out in an hour.

Old 03-07-2021, 05:51 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Lol you obviously have no clue. It's not 60%, first of all, it's 72% for an APPLES to APPLEs comparison. The US trial of J&J was 72% effective. Pfizer and Moderna did essentially all of their tests in the USA!

Also, if you had any idea about how vaccines work (which you don't so it's probably pointless to argue with you and your dangerous degradation of a perfectly good vaccine), you'd know mRNA vaccines are highly specific, so if the virus changes even a little (which it has and will do so), they become much less effective.

Why do you think Pfizer and Moderna are racing to make booster shots? Why can they not give us efficacy numbers regarding the UK, South African and Brazilian variants?

Capische?
Thanks and also for the other posters who have contributed . I am slowly considering J&J now. It would be so convenient too versus waiting only for Pfizer. I wonder if I will be able to get it next month. If they should see those lines dwindling, then they need to allow younger peolle to get it sooner. U might be surprised to learn the number of old who do not want a vaccine. In the US population period over 20% indicate they will not get it. This is likely to decline I would hope but still.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:22 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Thanks and also for the other posters who have contributed . I am slowly considering J&J now. It would be so convenient too versus waiting only for Pfizer. I wonder if I will be able to get it next month. If they should see those lines dwindling, then they need to allow younger peolle to get it sooner. U might be surprised to learn the number of old who do not want a vaccine. In the US population period over 20% indicate they will not get it. This is likely to decline I would hope but still.
Listen, J&J is where it's at!

Forget the "having to get two shots of a vaccine that must be held in cold storage for it to be any good and the possibility of now having to take booster shots on top of that because the darn virus keeps mutating". Pshaw! I don't have time for all that.

And they should've just opened up the vaccine to whoever wants it in the first place. The whole process was held up because they were waiting for all the health care workers to get it first. The problem with that was some of them didn't want the vaccine so the whole process was held up. They should just give it to whoever wants it. The way things are going, it's going to be next year before I'm able to get it.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:21 PM

75 posts, read 35,217 times
I had been vaccinated naturally last December. May be I should wait and let others take the shot first?

Old 03-08-2021, 02:17 AM

106,653 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Shadow View Post
I had been vaccinated naturally last December. May be I should wait and let others take the shot first?
Our doctors said we should get it ..there is no way of knowing how effective natural immunity is or will last ..it is not measurable by the tests used without extensive research on you which is not done.

In fact they are not sure what to even measure as many parts of our immunity we have not learned to measure yet.

Antibodies are not the story since most who are vaccinated show no antibodies in a covid anti body test so there is a lot more going on in our t, b ,and memory cells

Old 03-08-2021, 05:41 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Our doctors said we should get it ..there is no way of knowing how effective natural immunity is or will last ..it is not measurable by the tests used without extensive research on you which is not done.

In fact they are not sure what to even measure as many parts of our immunity we have not learned to measure yet.

Antibodies are not the story since most who are vaccinated show no antibodies in a covid anti body test so there is a lot more going on in our t, b ,and memory cells
Most doctors are morons when it comes to infectious disease ( and many other things outside of their specialty). They know about as much as the average Joe. That's just the truth.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:59 AM

106,653 posts, read 108,790,719 times
I highly doubt our doctors at northwell lij that advised us and treated us under the supervision of their infectious / covid experts at the hospital are morons...

All information and treatment paths are dictated from the top experts there ..doctors are not doing things or advising patients on their own.

No matter who your doctor , we all got the same treatment paths and the answers to the questions we all had were the same so doctors get their direction and info from those who are experts in this field Not internet wannabes

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-08-2021 at 06:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City