Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 05:29 PM

106,669 posts, read 108,833,673 times

Advertisements

Evidently it must be rocket science because what you are proclaiming makes no sense. Home prices are doing fine despite that student debt.

Until we all get equally compensated for other debts or money we spent on debts by doing the right thing I don’t want to see one penny in student debt compensated.

Enough discussion and time wasted on his nonsensical idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 09:36 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Was it really necessary for me to pay $200 for a book

pdf would have been much cheaper but there was no pdf out.

Now when I paid for my drafting materials, that I could understand

But $200 for a book. How is that price "necessary."

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-12-2021, 03:01 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Boomer says pay the cost or pick up a wrench.

Old 03-12-2021, 03:37 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Boomer says pay the cost or pick up a wrench.
Went to college in the early 2K's. Even back then I never paid full freight for almost any book. Ebay and torrents were already big back then.

Only the lazy or willfully ignorant paid full cost for all of their books.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Went to college in the early 2K's. Even back then I never paid full freight for almost any book. Ebay and torrents were already big back then.

Only the lazy or willfully ignorant paid full cost for all of their books.
It is a useless discussion ..when someone is bent on blaming everyone but themselves for any financial short comings it is wasted energy discussing anything.

All I know is I got dumped out of school into the draft which was the only lottery I ever won ,the fighting in Vietnam , double digit inflation, no gas , no jobs , the highest unemployment since the depression .we had race riots , anti Vietnam riots and civil unrest all over .

So if I am non sympathetic to anyone crying about how bad they have it living with Mommy and daddy in the basement and about the money they borrowed ,you know why.

Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else ....find a way and stop finding excuses instead

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-12-2021 at 04:21 AM..

Old 03-12-2021, 05:08 AM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Evidently it must be rocket science because what you are proclaiming makes no sense. Home prices are doing fine despite that student debt.

Until we all get equally compensated for other debts or money we spent on debts by doing the right thing I don’t want to see one penny in student debt compensated.

Enough discussion and time wasted on his nonsensical idea
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Think about, from this viewpoint...if there was a demand for 100,000 of those books, the cost would have been much lower. But, since it was a limited edition publication, probably not more that 2-3000 copies, the cost was much higher. You got a lesson both in the subject of the book, as well as in economics.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:17 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Mathjak, you were in Vietnam? I've never heard you mention that before.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-12-2021, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Mathjak, you were in Vietnam? I've never heard you mention that before.
Long story , I will d/m you

Old 03-12-2021, 05:49 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It is a useless discussion ..when someone is bent on blaming everyone but themselves for any financial short comings it is wasted energy discussing anything.

All I know is I got dumped out of school into the draft which was the only lottery I ever won ,the fighting in Vietnam , double digit inflation, no gas , no jobs , the highest unemployment since the depression .we had race riots , anti Vietnam riots and civil unrest all over .

So if I am non sympathetic to anyone crying about how bad they have it living with Mommy and daddy in the basement and about the money they borrowed ,you know why.

Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else ....find a way and stop finding excuses instead
I hear you. As Americans we live relative lives but in the scheme of things our absolute standard of living should also matter.

Maybe it's because I come from an immigrant family (I immigrated with my family when I was 3) so I have a guage on how much worse life could be.

My father was a combat helo pilot in the Soviet Afghan war for 2 years and then anyone who decided to leave the USSR in the late 80's got called enemies of the state, shamed in front of their communities, and stripped of their citizenship once they crossed the border. When we came to the US my father started roofing for $4.50/hour. Combat helo pilot to roofer (and eventual tin knocker) but he never regretted a day of it.

At the end of the day, life in the US is still far, far, far better for most Americans than anywhere else in the world and this country provides far more opportunities for the average individual than anywhere else.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:57 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Our life-long losers live far better lives than most humans around the world. And all they want is more, more, more.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City