Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 06:50 AM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,263 times

Advertisements

Over the past year. I have noticed troubling information that is boiling out of nyc education system. Not only from thr public schools, but also from private and some charter schools. Why are schools pushing more and more CRT and systemic oppression stuff instead of teaching many aspects of education. Here are links that show troubling themes that are coming out of nyc educational system. The only decent education left seems to be the catholic schools.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/nyc-mo...onomics-class/

https://youtu.be/0pabbzNjZ2s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...whiteness.html

https://airmail.news/issues/2021-2-27/class-war

https://youtu.be/Kq0KqUKQzos

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....manifesto/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....hing-kids/amp/
I understand that racsim is wrong and I Agree. But pushing this Antiracism ideology, and pushing students what way to think and to think one way and not how to think and to be an individual is really dangerous. Especially since I'm planning on moving from NJ back to NYC. I think I might need a raincheck on that.

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; 03-09-2021 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2021, 07:00 AM

19,026 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Don't mention this in the NJ forum. You'll be called a right-wing nut for daring to consider NJ less radical than NYC. Lol

Two of my kids are in Catholic school for this very reason. It's been a huge burden on our finances, but it is what it is. Our kids are our #1 priority. My step-daughter will be moving to NJ with us because we couldn't get her into Catholic School.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-09-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Don't mention this in the NJ forum. You'll be called a right-wing nut for daring to consider NJ less radical than NYC. Lol

Two of my kids are in Catholic school for this very reason. It's been a huge burden on our finances, but it is what it is. Our kids are our #1 priority. My step-daughter will be moving to NJ with us because we couldn't get her into Catholic School.
Thanks for your insight. I just find some of this Antiracism ideology a bit concerning. I understand that the woke people are not bad, and many try to mean well. As well as the woke folks have good intentions or look good on paper. Sadly good intentions tend to turn out to be bad ideas for most and the vulnerable who the wokes try to protect, uphold and uplift.

I understand that after the death of George Floyd in the spring of last year. It caused a major moral out cry in the 5 main white Anglo Saxon nations of 5 eyes. However education should have not step itself this low in such ideology. Teachers should reevaluate on teaching and pushing Antiracism ideology. And boy if things are troubling here. Wait till the kids grow up and go overseas and see how troubling things are in regards to the human condition. And non of this has to do or was crafted by white males.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:35 AM

926 posts, read 416,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I understand that the woke people are not bad, and many try to mean well. As well as the woke folks have good intentions or look good on paper. Sadly good intentions tend to turn out to be bad ideas for most and the vulnerable who the wokes try to protect, uphold and uplift.
I don't think the woke are nice - at all. Most of them are extremely intolerant and racist. They ARE dangerous.

Regarding education, like you said: in NYC, the only reasonable options seem to be catholic schools or hebrew schools.
The public school system is far gone: uber-woke, on top of the many challenges it had before the woke wave.
The private school system used to be good, despite tuition fees that crossed the line of decency in recent years. And the growing hypocrisy that went with it. But they, too, have gone the woke route...

Old 03-09-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
I don't think the woke are nice - at all. Most of them are extremely intolerant and racist. They ARE dangerous.

Regarding education, like you said: in NYC, the only reasonable options seem to be catholic schools or hebrew schools.
The public school system is far gone: uber-woke, on top of the many challenges it had before the woke wave.
The private school system used to be good, despite tuition fees that crossed the line of decency in recent years. And the growing hypocrisy that went with it. But they, too, have gone the woke route...
They come off as nice. But yes many are intolerant. Just one little thing sets them off. The wokes seem to be very similar to evangelical Christians, however secular version of them moralistic but without Jesus.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:51 AM

596 posts, read 252,358 times
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

that and u need teachers that care higher salaries. A NYC teacher can't afford to live in the city and um that def has something to do with it when you cant pay bills. Also, health care for teachers costs a lot.....LOT

Old 03-09-2021, 07:55 AM

926 posts, read 416,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
They come off as nice. But yes many are intolerant. Just one little thing sets them off. The wokes seem to be very similar to evangelical Christians, however secular version of them moralistic but without Jesus.
I don't think they come off as nice at all. Really. To me, they come off as puritan, judgmental, obtuse, condescending, thin-skinned and racist - none of which I would consider to be a positive trait.

Your last sentence is spot on.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IForgotMyOldAccount View Post
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

that and u need teachers that care higher salaries. A NYC teacher can't afford to live in the city and um that def has something to do with it when you cant pay bills. Also, health care for teachers costs a lot.....LOT
Teachers can afford to live in NYC. It's just that many teachers live a bougoussie lifestyle. Living that bougoussie lifestyle, and again nothing wrong being bougoussie and people have a right to think enjoy refined things in life, but it comes at a cost. Also plenty of teachers owe college debt and shopping for

Old 03-09-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
I don't think they come off as nice at all. Really. To me, they come off as puritan, judgmental, obtuse, condescending, thin-skinned and racist - none of which I would consider to be a positive trait.

Your last sentence is spot on.
The woke mindset swaps the institution of the church or clergy in favor of academia with professor at the helm. Churches and academia are moral institutions at the end of the day.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:46 AM

5,803 posts, read 2,928,190 times
Must keep racism alive to keep the divide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: