Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2021, 04:35 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times

Advertisements

Human life isn’t worth much these days.
Also no one wants to be on Facebook or in news anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 04:48 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
The part that really irritated me was that there were three grown men, one of which was a security guard, standing by and refusing to help the poor lady. I get it if there was only one guy around who felt intimidated by the burly perpetrator but three guys!?
They've since been suspended by the mgmt company and under investigation by their union. They're also looking for the delivery man who was also present.

Last edited by Aeran; 03-30-2021 at 05:02 PM..

Old 03-30-2021, 04:56 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
They've been since suspended by the mgmt company and under investigation by their union. They're also looking for the delivery man who was also present.
It's just really sad and pathetic these big dudes beating up elderly and small frame women. In Asia, any country it is consider very dishonorable by anyone including criminals to beat and hurt the elderly and women. Beating their wives is a different story.

Old 03-30-2021, 05:57 PM

926 posts, read 417,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Asian men have become extremely feminized over the years.
As a woman, I don't view Asian men as particularly feminized. I view them as being mostly the serious types, with a good work ethic and good jobs/careers. There is nothing feminized about being responsible and a good provider: that's what most women expect of men.

Also, you don't really see Asian men with long hair, earrings or wearing ambiguous clothes that makes you wonder whether the person is a man or a woman.

What's true is that Asian men generally don't engage in senseless violence. But that's not being masculine, unless you equate masculinity with senseless violence.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:19 PM

565 posts, read 361,965 times
Quote:
They are. I saw a group of them patrolling Flushing with help from the 109th precinct. It was covered in NY1 which I posted in another thread (though I don't recall which thread). And ...for the first time in my life (I'm not kidding) I saw 30 or so Guardian Angels actually patrolling & passing out flyers. I've never seen a single Guardian Angel in person until then. I thought they were an urban myth...lol. And cops on the corner. They were all there the weekend of the GA shooting.
This is a joke. The safest place in NYC for Asians is in NE Queens, specifically Flushing. There are very few blacks or Hispanics. It's mostly white and Asians. And no whitey is gonna attack an Asian in places like Flushing, Whitestone, CP, Bayside.

The attacks are happening mostly in areas where blacks cross over with Asians, like Manhattan. Or parts of BK, maybe. If you see a black dude in NE Queens in an Asian area of the 109pct, homeboy has dozens of eyes on him already including MINE.

I've had many, many homies locked up over the years for "suspicious" things they up to! All legit, however.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:31 PM

206 posts, read 116,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
This is a joke. The safest place in NYC for Asians is in NE Queens, specifically Flushing. There are very few blacks or Hispanics. It's mostly white and Asians. And no whitey is gonna attack an Asian in places like Flushing, Whitestone, CP, Bayside.

The attacks are happening mostly in areas where blacks cross over with Asians, like Manhattan. Or parts of BK, maybe. If you see a black dude in NE Queens in an Asian area of the 109pct, homeboy has dozens of eyes on him already including MINE.

I've had many, many homies locked up over the years for "suspicious" things they up to! All legit, however.

Queens has had quite a number of home invasions on Asians not to mention shootings, muggings and beatings in Flushing.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:56 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,955,639 times
Quote:
They are. I saw a group of them patrolling Flushing with help from the 109th precinct. It was covered in NY1 which I posted in another thread (though I don't recall which thread). And ...for the first time in my life (I'm not kidding) I saw 30 or so Guardian Angels actually patrolling & passing out flyers. I've never seen a single Guardian Angel in person until then. I thought they were an urban myth...lol. And cops on the corner. They were all there the weekend of the GA shooting.
Good. I'm glad to see that people are taking precautionary measures rather than waiting for the effete, lax on crime politicians or the neutered police departments to ensure their safety.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:08 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,194 times
Man busted for Midtown attack on Asian woman was on parole for killing his mom.

This is NYC so I'm guessing some liberal attorney will claim he has a mental illness and tries to get him off.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/31/man-bu...pp_sitebuttons

Old 03-31-2021, 10:16 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
As a woman, I don't view Asian men as particularly feminized. I view them as being mostly the serious types, with a good work ethic and good jobs/careers. There is nothing feminized about being responsible and a good provider: that's what most women expect of men.

Also, you don't really see Asian men with long hair, earrings or wearing ambiguous clothes that makes you wonder whether the person is a man or a woman.

What's true is that Asian men generally don't engage in senseless violence. But that's not being masculine, unless you equate masculinity with senseless violence.
I’ve seen Asian men with long hair in New York City (I know one personally who is Filipino) and I’ve seen a few rocker types also, goths, and Asian men into hip hop.

You’re making generalizations for the most part.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:21 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
You want to defund the police then this is what you get. Its hunting season on Asians, especially if the perp is black. If you are Asian you had better learn to defend or arm yourself. No one is going to help you.

Once again thank you BLM for ruining this country.
I’ve seen stories of whites attacking Asians also, but you’re quiet about those stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City