Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 08:40 PM

31,892 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
So she quit her job "who says she [Patterson] worked as an officer with the city Administration for Children’s Services for a year before she resigned in March 2020." And has been collecting unemployment "I’m receiving pandemic unemployment [benefits].” said Patterson.

City employees receive city-paid rent for private homes? Who knew???
I'm wondering how someone "quit" their job and still received UI benefits.

Don't have time to do sums atm, but if Ms. Patterson is getting UI plus that extra ($600 then $300) week, she's likely getting more money sitting her busted behind home than working. Her last job with city paid only $33k according to link above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 10:39 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Don't have time to do sums atm, but if Ms. Patterson is getting UI plus that extra ($600 then $300) week, she's likely getting more money sitting her busted behind home than working. Her last job with city paid only $33k according to link above.
LOL So many busted people doing this...

Old 03-23-2021, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LOL So many busted people doing this...
Always wondered why so many who work for city have attitude problems. Then started looking at the Chief and elsewhere for salaries. I'd be not so motivated at work too if made the kind of money many do. No wonder everyone and their mother wants to get into uniformed services. Pay scale to start isn't much better but there is OT and compensation goes up with career advancement.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:34 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:

1. Having a Valid reason to quit
2. Resignation demanded of them.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:11 AM

Whole lot of people are running out of time. They'd better bust a move or find someway to come up with all that back rent because latest eviction moratorium ends 1st May IIRC.

Plenty thought they'd run game and get in on all that free rent money state was supposed to be giving away. Only to find it wasn't easy as just sending in some papers and answering a few questions.

https://therealdeal.com/2021/03/24/f...h-new-yorkers/

https://gothamist.com/news/nys-secon...lion-available

Old 03-24-2021, 08:47 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
The city will just stall the evictions. It's too much to process and that's why people don't have a right to live in expensive markets. They can't weather any kind of job loss. And if these liberals want to build more affordable housing don't build them around NYC. They're destroying what helped NYC climbed out of crime.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:55 AM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
that's why people don't have a right to live in expensive markets

Gentrified areas that have engulfed our tenements and projects would like to have a word.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:44 AM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Whole lot of people are running out of time. They'd better bust a move or find someway to come up with all that back rent because latest eviction moratorium ends 1st May IIRC.

Plenty thought they'd run game and get in on all that free rent money state was supposed to be giving away. Only to find it wasn't easy as just sending in some papers and answering a few questions.

https://therealdeal.com/2021/03/24/f...h-new-yorkers/

https://gothamist.com/news/nys-secon...lion-available

Reminds me of student loan forgiveness. What percentage have actually qualified and gotten forgiveness? 1%? You have a whole segment of the "educated" population that went into lower paying careers based solely on that unkempt promise who have wasted years of their prime working years for nothing. These are the same "educated" individuals who "protest" in our streets while simultaneously vote for more government. Funny world we live in. "I'm here from the government, and I'm here to help"

Old 03-24-2021, 07:36 PM

It's going to be run watching uber liberal progressive democrats twist themselves into pretzels as they try to undo the damage they themselves have caused.

Scores of deadbeats haven't paid a GD cent in rent for six or more months, and in some cases a year or longer. They didn't have a pot to pee in nor a window to throw it out of when first hauled into housing court, and certainly don't have bank to pay by now ten or tens of thousands in back rent.

A good number likely did have money thanks to all federal payments (stimulus checks, UI plus extra, and so forth), but spent it on other things. That is why so many aren't qualifying for state rent aid. They're trying to run game saying they are busted, but their bank accounts and other information say different.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:51 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
The way out I think, is that NY has to give some LL a rebate or tax break to offset their losses. If not, the LL will put a lot of strain to the eviction system. I can see the poor people also in even worst situations being tossed around in the NYC's family relocation system. I remember as a LL, I had single moms that plead me to give them the chance. I feel very sorry for many of them but I just can't. Unless they have the ability to pay and show me something other than a sub 600 Credit score. Even with Section 8 help, getting the rest on time is still difficult.

I went to a renter that couldn't make $400 rent pay but still promised her kids X-mas video games. I don't have the heart to tell her to give me the money during the holidays but seriously if you can't make the rent money why should you buy x-mas gifts at all. I'm much more wealthier than they are but my kids don't expect extravagant spending. My sons only wanted smaller gifts because I tamed their expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City