Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 05:34 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
If they could genetically modify the weed to have the smell of your choice what would it be?
I'm not accepting "no smell", thanks
Powdery is my scent of choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 05:36 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
My issue with legalization is that the government is encouraging losers. Lets be honest here: what percentage of people that smoke marijuana are not losers? 5%? 10%? Most of us grow up.
You think wealthy professionals and college students on their way to becoming professionals who also dabble in coke regularly are not also smoking marijuana? LOL

Old 03-27-2021, 05:54 PM

325 posts, read 199,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
You think wealthy professionals and college students on their way to becoming professionals who also dabble in coke regularly are not also smoking marijuana? LOL
Lmao exactly , the ignorant fantasy people like him live in is amazing .

Old 03-27-2021, 07:32 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Lmao exactly , the ignorant fantasy people like him live in is amazing .
Let's not forget the BOOZERS who come up with our laws. Imagine taking orders from a drunk.

Old 03-27-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Let's not forget the BOOZERS who come up with our laws. Imagine taking orders from a drunk.
Lol right at least you can smoke weed and still function , if some is actually drunk they are literally done for the day . People seem to forget alcohol was illegal too lol , but it’s a whole industry with pretty bottles and because drinking is seen as a natural function like eating . Even tho people are drinking mind and body paralyzing poison it’s fine as long it’s not being smoked lol

Old 03-27-2021, 08:03 PM

360 posts, read 167,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Lol right at least you can smoke weed and still function , if some is actually drunk they are literally done for the day . People seem to forget alcohol was illegal too lol , but it’s a whole industry with pretty bottles and because drinking is seen as a natural function like eating . Even tho people are drinking mind and body paralyzing poison it’s fine as long it’s not being smoked lol
Really? I guess you're fine then with MTA conductors getting high while driving subways, construction workers operating heavy equipment, or pilots flying while baked. There's a reason why all these professions demand strict testing.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:23 PM

202 posts, read 686,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Nope, just what I said, In a competitive market there's an incentive to "improve" the product. Corporations with multi-billion dollar budgets will flood the consumer market with a variety of new cheap, easily accessible and genetically modified weed strains and synthetic strains. This idea that it stops with a few plants in someone's backyard is just BS. K2 is just the beginning...there will be dozens more to come now...both the black market and the legal market will operate in tandem.
The first part of your argument is the only part that is based in some logic. There is an incentive to improve the product in a competitive market however your missing some key factors. Consumers want weed, not K2. They’re two different substances entirely. It would be like comparing a bottle of cognac to hand sanitizer. Actually those two products are probably more similar than K2 and weed. That being said the market has been competitive for years in both the legal and illegal markets and as a result THC levels in weed are u to 10 times higher now than they were in say 1990.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingofconn View Post
Really? I guess you're fine then with MTA conductors getting high while driving subways, construction workers operating heavy equipment, or pilots flying while baked. There's a reason why all these professions demand strict testing.

No I woudnt , and I guess your fine it mta workers , pilots etc came to work drunk ? It’s the same if not much worse . So once again please make a logical argument . Responsability falls on the person not the substance. Everyone has to use responsibility regardless , there’s an appropriate and inappropriate time for everything

Last edited by Manhattan2queens; 03-27-2021 at 09:28 PM..

Old 03-27-2021, 09:23 PM

I’ve seen grown adults with jobs and children drunk passed out in a public place not able to get home by themselves without help off alcohol which never happens with weed lol. Weed you might doze off On friends couch and wake up 20 min later lol wooo dangerous drug but like I said above , time and place for eveything if people use responsibily you nut cases shoudnt care

Last edited by Manhattan2queens; 03-27-2021 at 09:36 PM..

Old 03-27-2021, 09:45 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,731,547 times
"Ain't no fool like an old fool. You will care soon enough. Buckle up."

(a) How the **** old do you think I am?

(b) As many people have pointed out, a number of states (and provinces in Canada) have legalized without these prophesied catastrophes coming to pass. No fool like a racist mad that one of his excuses to see people of color thrown in prison is being taken away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City